We are looking for a talented iOS developer to join the Flightradar24 team and help improve the world’s most popular flight tracking app. You will play an important role in our mobile team, implementing new features, improving performance and modernizing our codebase. Above all, your work will impact the way millions of users experience Flightradar24 every day.
What you’ll do
- Work with a small, fully remote team of senior iOS developers
- Collaborate with our Android team, designers, QA and product owner to find end-to-end solutions to important problems and features
- Contribute to development of features, refactoring and modernizing our app, and maintaining a high-quality codebase
- Deliver modern, testable and maintainable code adhering to best practices in iOS development
- Add to, and enhance, our comprehensive automated test suite
- Participate in knowledge sharing with the other developers in the team
- Coordinate releases of our iOS app, on rotation within the team
Who you are
- You have at least 4 years of professional iOS app development experience, preferably on app(s) with a large user base
- You have experience working with Swift and Objective-C
- You care about quality and know what it means to ship high-quality code
- You have strong experience with writing automated tests – unit tests, UI tests and snapshot tests
- You have prior experience with refactoring or modernizing an app (e.g. modernizing app architecture, maintaining Swift and Objective-C code at the same time, improving testability of the codebase)
- You have prior experience with CI/CD tools
- You have strong attention to detail
- You have strong written and spoken English
- You have prior experience with Google Firebase, MapKit and/or StoreKit (desirable)
Note that this is a fully remote position (or optionally, hybrid remote for candidates in Stockholm, Sweden), but we would like you to be located within a 3-hour time difference from Central European Time (CET/CEST) to align your working hours with the rest of the team.
With over 3 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service and our apps regularly top the App Store and Google Play charts. We also offer a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the biggest names in aviation.
We’re constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we’re looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us.