Flipboard (51-200 Employees, 6% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Flipboard is a social magazine that is available for the Web, iOS, Android, Windows 10, and Windows Phone.
Flipboard is a content discovery platform designed to inform and inspire the world. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles, videos, podcasts and products shared by the greatest publishers and our vibrant Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
We are looking for an experienced Senior iOS Engineer with a background in shipping beautiful, high-performance, maintainable software to join our iOS team. Here at Flipboard, you will take on complex problems, experiment with open source solutions and enjoy a culture that celebrates constant innovation. In this role you will work on a completely unique and beautiful app and be able to pair your experience with a talented and fun team!
The iOS Team is based out of Vancouver, BC. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the company is working 100% remotely. We are open to this position being 100% remote during and post-pandemic from anywhere in Canada.
- Build iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch apps, plus widgets and extensions
- Write clean, maintainable code while rapidly iterating and shipping
- Integrate new technologies from Apple and third parties
- Use Xcode’s debugger, FLEX, AppCenter, and JIRA to diagnose and squash bugs
- Tune CPU, memory, storage, and networking performance with Instruments
- Work collaboratively with product managers and designers to develop features
- Integrate with web services and spec out APIs with platform developers
- Maintain a thoughtful commit history using git and conduct peer reviews using GitHub
- 5-8+ years of mobile engineering experience with a focus on iOS
- BS in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Experience in Swift and its libraries
- Low level details of the Objective-C language and runtime
- Extensive experience with Foundation, UIKit, Core Animation and Cocoa Touch APIs
- Client/server networking, asynchronous programming, and threading
- How to build composable, extensible user interfaces quickly
- How to work within and maintain an existing codebase
- Familiarity with git and common workflows
Benefits & Perks
- Canada: Our benefits include vision, dental, life, health insurance, “Employee and Family Assistance Program”, plus eligibility to participate in our pension plan with an employer match
- All Locations: Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs | Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners. We value diversity and inclusion at Flipboard and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.