At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset – an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify – advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard – unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
As part of our Mobile organization, we are looking for a self-driven and ambitious iOS developer responsible for the development and maintenance of the new Hopin mobile app. Your primary focus will be development of the application and its integration with back-end services. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is comfortable in a fast paced start-up environment as well as working with a remote development team. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of a quality product is essential.
- Design and build application for the iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of application
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Commercial experience with Swift (4+ years), preferably B2C
- Experience with SwiftUI and rxSwift or Combine reactive programming
- Solid experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience leading feature development with your team and strong collaboration experience with Product & Design
- Experience in some of the following: Design systems, Native App Architecture, Collaborating on API design with Backend teams
Nice to haves
- Experience with video streaming, e.g. OpenTok SDK
- Experience with websockets and real-time messaging, e.g. Pusher
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.