Salesforce (501+ Employees, 32% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
Salesforce has an immediate opportunity for a versatile Senior/Lead Database Engineer who will be part of DBNexus team to support GoldenGate configurations, tuning to salesforce workload, and database maintenance tasks. You should be passionate to solve the infrastructure, scale, and transactional load related problems with code. Run existing software/tools to support the Instance refresh tasks. This includes both customer-facing Salesforce core as well as internal products.
The Database Infrastructure Engineering (DBIE) team deploys and handles some of the largest and most trusted databases in the world. Our customers rely on us to keep their data safe and highly available. We are looking for a Database Engineer to help build the software that enables us to keep up with the fast paced demands of scaling and operating our database services. You’ll collaborate with product owners, top-notch software engineers and world-class database administrators to design and implement our next generation API driven infrastructure.
You will be responsible to build and manage internal tools and salesforce product and working with the global team and partners to execute different maintenances using GoldenGate and continuously improving and innovating the current tooling.
- Author tools that reliably manage infrastructure. Responsible for running GoldenGate platform infrastructure, database upgrades, migrations
- Build, automate and deploy highly available, robust, resilient and secure database solutions.
- You will actively participate and influence the roadmap of database tier through automation on capacity planning, database performance, monitoring, scaling – and EVERYTHING else that enables our services to delight and deliver for our customers.
- Works in conjunction with multiple teams to make sure that the infrastructure and the applications that depend on it work collaboratively together.
- Crafting, scaling out services in our multi-tenant infrastructure.
- Adhere to system hardening guidelines and security best practices in support of ISO 27001/PCI/Sox.
- Document all operational processes and procedures to optimize support and management of deployed systems – demonstrate proficiency in establishing repeatable processes.
- Take personal responsibility for the availability and reliability of our services.
- Participate in technology architecture discussions and planning with internal partners and senior leadership.
- Communicate status, risks to schedules and offer mitigation strategies to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Bachelors / Masters Degree or Higher in Computer Science or related field.
- In-depth knowledge and experience running and supporting Oracle GoldenGate
- Experience on PostgreSQL and data migration
- Experience in homogeneous and heterogeneous GoldenGate environments
- Strong Oracle database engineering skills (11g/19c) to include database infrastructure (Oracle RAC, Linux, SAN and Network) and database concepts (SQL, PL/SQL)
- Strong passion towards building and collaborating on tools and systems that empower our internal customers to achieve their organizational/mission goals.
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver high-quality code in a fast-paced, agile team environment
- Excellent verbal communication and technical documentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
- Please note you may be required to work on shifts at times, depending on business needs
Preferred (but not required):
- Oracle GoldenGate certification is not required but a huge plus
- Experience or Knowledge in AWS, GCP, Docker, Puppet, Jenkins Frameworks.
- Strong automation and scripting development experience with Python is desired
- Developing APIs and/or Data Pipelines
- Multi-terabyte transactional databases
- Experience in writing unit and functional tests to build solid test coverage.
- Agile development experience.
Open to Fully Remote, Flex (1-3 days/week in the office), or Office-Based (4-5 days/week in office)
**For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $98,900. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://salesforcebenefits.com/us/candidate.html
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.