WellSaid Labs (11-50 Employees, 300% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We firmly believe in AI for good.
Creatives around the globe use Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We enable creatives by putting high-tech, human parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease.
WellSaid Labs is looking to hire a senior full-stack engineer to help develop our web product.
This is an unique opportunity to join a fast-growing startup early and to make a meaningful impact.
Our team is fully distributed and we support flexible schedules. WSL is proud to support an inclusive work environment that emphasizes each team member’s personal and professional growth. You’ll have teammates just a Slack message or video call away if you ever need help solving an exciting challenge, or even if you just have a funny story to tell.
We have developed a breakthrough AI algorithm that creates synthetic, realistic speech from text. You will help develop the creative studio powered by this algorithm, enabling creatives to make lifelike voice over for videos, audiobooks, and trainings. You’ll be responsible for owning the development of large features and components of our stack.
In this role, you will help develop and maintain one or more components of our Text-to-Speech service. This includes following design specifications, owning parts of larger engineering initiatives, and working both collaboratively as well as independently in a mature web codebase.
The projects you’ll undertake are geared toward bringing new functionality to the WellSaid Labs Studio. Working directly with our CTO and senior engineering team, you’ll be tasked with developing features that have high impact and visibility in our customers’ daily interactions with Studio.
What WSL offers you:
- $170,000-190,000 salary range + ISO (options)
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Generous vacation policy/paid time off
- Flexible schedules
- Remote-first company culture
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
- Home office stipend
What you’ll do:
Initially, you’ll help develop:
- A collaborative user interface for generating voice over
- A web-based audio editor
- A streamlined custom onboarding experience
Also, you’ll be challenged to:
- Find opportunities to mature our engineering processes
- Build an accessible and inclusive user experience
- Tackle challenges creatively and critically evaluate your work
- Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to WellSaid Labs!
What you’ll have:
- Experience with React (alternatively, Angular, Vue, or similar), Typescript (alternatively, Java, C#, or similar), and HTML/CSS
- Understanding of software design principles such as DRY, SoC, Dependency Injection, etc.
- Attention to creating modular, secure, and well-tested code
- Experience building and shipping end-to-end features to a sizable user base
- Working knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms
- Ability to self-direct the planning and scoping for a project
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- (Bonus) Experience with our tech stack which includes: NextJS, Node, GraphQL, PostgresSQL, Docker, Google Kubernetes Engine
- (Bonus) Experience with cross-team collaboration
WellSaid Labs is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by bringing together teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company, and customers are free to flourish. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At this time, we are unable to support visa sponsorship; as a candidate you must live in and be currently be eligible to work in the U.S.