Dutchie (201-500 Employees, 681% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Dutchie is an online cannabis ordering platform connecting consumers to local cannabis retailers.
Senior Litigation Counsel
Founded in 2017, dutchie is an all-in-one technology platform powering dispensary operations, while providing consumers with safe and easy access to cannabis. Dutchie aims to further support the positive societal change the cannabis space brings to the world through health and wellness benefits, social justice, and by empowering local communities through tax revenue. Powering thousands of dispensaries across 35+ markets throughout the United States and Canada, dutchie is the leading technology company in the cannabis space and was named to Fast Company’s 10 most innovative companies in North America and LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups.
Dutchie has raised $253M in funding to date, backed by Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, Thrive Capital, Howard Schultz, Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About the Role
Dutchie is seeking a Senior Litigation Counsel to lead this function for our organization. This is a collaborative in-house opportunity reporting to our General Counsel that directly supports business objectives as both an advisor and litigator. In addition to advising internal clients, this attorney will manage outside counsel in connection with various business, employment, intellectual property and other types of commercial and transactional disputes as well as regulatory matters.
What You’ll Do…
- Handle and lead strategy for a diverse range of corporate litigation matters across the country, in a multitude of practice areas (consumer protection, competition, employment, real estate, and other general business claims, to name just a few), and at various procedural stages (from pre-litigation threats and small claims to class certification, trial/arbitrations, and appeals)
- Manage all facets of litigation, including fact investigation, drafting and revising legal briefs, responding to discovery requests, preparing witnesses for testimony, and negotiating and drafting settlements
- Bring legal work in-house where possible; Supervise all aspects of outside counsel relationships, including staffing, litigation strategy, budgets and invoices, compliance with outside counsel guidelines, and work product
- Craft legal advice to achieve business goals, including counseling the business on contracts, competitive intelligence, trade secret protection, and current/future products
- Identify potential litigation or regulatory risk and counsel the business to minimize exposure
- Develop, implement, and enforce company policies and compliance efforts, including training employees on potential litigation risks
What You Bring…
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school and license to practice law in OR, CA, NY or comparable State Bar
- Minimum of 10 years of litigation experience in private practice or a corporate litigation department with a highly regarded firm or organization.
- Stellar case evaluation abilities, integrity, business judgment, critical thinking, and the capacity to oversee a large portfolio of matters
- Exceptional legal research, writing, negotiation, and advocacy skills
- Demonstrated judgment, personal integrity, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits – Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation and sick days