Karat (201-500 Employees, 56% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We’re Karat, the leader in technical interviewing and pioneer of the Interviewing Cloud
Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!
Come join our Accounting team
Our Accounting team is committed to ensuring accurate and compliant finance practices. We partner with all internal Karat teams and support clients throughout the world by prioritizing operational excellence and consistency.
What you will do
As a Senior Manager of Accounting at Karat, you will build, train, and manage a high-functioning accounting team responsible for a variety of daily accounting operations. You will implement and drive operational excellence to help the larger Karat team function efficiently.
- Lead Karat’s general accounting functions, including A/P, A/R, month/year-end close, payroll, vendor payments, expenses, etc.
- Implement improvements on accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Build strong working partnerships with internal teams, external vendors, and customers.
- Assist in evaluating and implementing accounting and finance systems that allow Karat to scale through high-growth.
- Gather requested documentation and assist in tax-related filings and audits.
- Provide special project and technical accounting support as-needed.
The experience you will bring
- 8+ years of experience in applicable accounting and/or finance positions at a high growth technology company
- 4+ years of experience leading a team of accounting professionals
- Experience in B2B SaaS accounting
- Strong familiarity with US GAAP, and the ability to perform technical accounting research as-needed
- A collaborative and team player attitude
- Working knowledge of our current tech stack, including: Sage Intacct, Expensify, Bill.com, and Paylocity
- CPA, CPA candidate, or equivalent certification preferred
- Self-starter who excels in a fast paced, quick-change environment, adapting and re-prioritizing as needed
This is a full-time, salaried position. Immigration sponsorship is not available.
Karat is a remote company with employees throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For this position, we are only considering individuals based in the United States.
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Inclusivity:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].
Karat is an E-Verify company.