Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
We are looking for an experienced Strategic Finance professional to act as the key business partner for our Engineering Org.
As the Senior Manager of Strategic Finance you will serve as a “mini-CFO” to the Engineering organization, providing critical analysis and insights to help drive business decisions and strategy. The position requires an experienced financial professional capable of balancing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing, and fluid organization. Do you find joy in using data to help influence investment decisions? If so, this could be the perfect match.
This is a full-time position located (eventually) in Brooklyn, reporting to the Senior Manager of Strategic Finance.
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you’ll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
About the Role
In this role you will:
- Cultivate and build trusted partnerships with the Engineering organization and partner closely with Etsy’s CTO and the Engineering Leadership team
- Build scenario models with in-depth analyses and forecast Etsy’s growth in areas such as cloud (e.g. GCP, AWS, or Azure) and nearshore engineering expansion.
- Evaluate Engineering team planning, headcount investment, and operational initiatives with analytical rigors and strategic leadership
- Collaborate with the Director of Strategic Finance to build company-wide Monthly Forecasts, Annual Operating Plan, and Long Range Plan
- Partner with finance colleagues and business partners to produce monthly and quarterly financial reviews for the Executive Team and Board of Directors
- Mentor, develop, and lead a team of two: a Senior Financial Analyst and a Data Scientist
Ideally, you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of finance experience, including experience in financial planning, business analysis, investment banking or related, with a firm understanding of financial modeling and analysis tools
- 2+ years of managerial experience leading a team
- An ideal candidate has led (or played a meaningful role) in a budgeting and forecasting process and enjoys a continuous planning environment
- Thrives when working in a collaborative and highly charged environment
- Firm grasp of GAAP; familiarity with e-Commerce and technology is a plus
- Mastery of Microsoft Office or Google Docs (Excel/Sheets and Powerpoint/Slides) is required
- Experience with Looker, Workday Financial Management, or Host Analytics is also a strength
- Ability to communicate insights to senior executives verbally, visually, and in writing
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.