Wallarm (51-200 Employees, 13% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Short facts about us:
- We are a global remote-first team of 80+ people on 2 continents and in 7 time zones.
- We have been protecting our clients since 2014.
- The company has raised over $10M in investments.
- More than 200 customers around the world, including Fortune 500, Nasdaq, and high-growth startups choose Wallarm to protect their API and web applications.
- The company passed Y Combinator, the most prestigious incubator in Silicon Valley, from which Dropbox, Stripe, Docker, etc. came out.
Wallarm API security solutions provide proven performance to support innovative companies serving millions of users and billions of API requests per month. Hundreds of Security and DevOps teams globally use Wallarm daily to:
- Discover. See every asset across your entire attack surface—from cloud environments to every API endpoint with auto-discovery capabilities.
- Protect. A single suite that goes beyond OWASP Top 10 for full coverage for API specific threats, account takeover, malicious bots, L7 DDoS, and more.
- Respond. Streamline incident response with complete visibility, smart triggers, and active threat verification.
- Test. Automate security testing of your APIs and web assets. Prioritize remediation for every asset, in every environment.
Our technology stack:
- The system management interface is written in React and is a Single Page Application. Therefore, backend teams are not engaged in layout, but only API development.
- For backend development, we use Ruby and Golang
- Some components and modules are written in Python (Data Science/ML). But mostly Python is used by the QA department for developing integration autotests.
- Cloud deployed with Kubernetes/Helm and Terraform
- Main frameworks used: Ruby On Rails (API only)/Sinatra; gin for Golang
- Main databases used: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Riak/S3, Tarantool, and Redis
About this opportunity:
We are looking for Frontend engineer to join the team developing a personal user account to manage Wallarm cloud settings. In the process, you will need to communicate closely with the product team, the testing team, and the backend development teams
- Write clean and maintainable code
- Keep the project up-to-date, follow generally accepted practices
- Show expertise in problem solving
- Conduct code reviews and substantiate your comments
- Participate in the tasks discussion and evaluation of work
- Be part of a team, maintain and improve team processes (code style, decision rules, etc.)
- 2,5+ years of React development experience
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Knowledge of the ReactJS library and related tools
- Experience with the following technologies/tools: React hooks, es6/7, SPA, RIA
- Experience in setting up and working with CI / CD, in particular with GitLab CI
- Experience with the GIT version control system
- Experience with Jira and Confluence or similar systems
Will be a plus:
- Experience with tools such as Webpack, Babel, PostCSS
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of OOP, SOLID, DDD, CORS, the ability to apply them in practice
- Knowledge and understanding of basic design patterns, the ability to apply them in practice
- Experience in designing projects from scratch (configuration and setup of tools, choice of architecture, etc.)
- Experience in “working on bugs” (eliminating legacy code, redoing wrong decisions, refactoring, etc.)
What we offer:
- Ability to work on a product that makes the Internet safer
- Completely remote work
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- 15 paid days off in addition to the vacation
- Flexible working hours
- Allocated budget for each employee for compensation:
- Education (trainings, conferences, books, etc.)
- Sport (Fitness, sports sections, equipment, etc.)
- Paid medicine (including psychologists)
- Vacation (tickets, hotels, tours, etc.)
- Leisure (tickets to the theatre or cinema)
- Workplace equipment