Think-it (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Hi! We’re so happy that you’re here.
Think-it is a software engineering collective on a mission to unlock human potential through sustainable use of technology.
Our high-performance, low-carbon solutions help innovative teams around the world lower costs, democratize data, and reach net-zero faster.
With a focus on digital transformation, smart infrastructure, and the UN SDGs, we tackle meaningful problems that can only be solved with future-proof technology. Our team includes experts in DevOps and Cloud, Data Science and Data Engineering, and Web and Mobile Development..
Founded in 2017, Think-it is home to a diverse community of changemakers — we represent 8+ nationalities, and 40% of us are women. We’re proud to be backed by mission-aligned partners, and our goals are people- and planet-centric.
We believe that technology is most powerful when it’s used to build real solutions to the ways we live, move, eat, and work on this planet. Our cross-discipline teams tackle big and diverse challenges with partners around the world, and no two projects are alike – but the backbone of any successful team is a Software Engineer.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a proven track record in building large, high-traffic mobile applications, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally through impactful and high-performing solutions.
80%: Your key responsibilities
- Build mobile front-end user interfaces using Kotlin or Swift to deliver end-to-end solutions based on user requirements and objectives.
- Advocate for design thinking and user empathy to design and deliver high-quality UX.
- Architect and build reusable, scalable, and reliable software solutions.
- Build technical documentation for partner projects, and contribute to Think-it’s internal knowledge and codebases.
- Support our social impact learning programs and internal Learning & Development by coaching up-and-coming engineers on your areas of expertise.
- Set an example of responsible technology leadership: Think big, but hold yourself accountable for the quality and ethical impact of your work — and lead your team by example with humility, strong work ethic, and a growth mindset.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advise the team on best practices to implement.
20%: Up to you! What are you passionate about? What do you want to learn, and where else would you like to contribute?
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, including experience designing and building complex mobile application architectures with reliability, high availability, performance, and scalability.
- Strong focus on mobile iOS development including experience working with native mobile technologies including Swift.
- Experience in debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Agile Software Development Techniques and Tools, TDD, and pair programming.
- Professional written and verbal fluency in English.
Who you are
- You are self-motivated. You take initiative, are naturally curious, and can learn new things quickly while continuing to deliver value on the job.
- You are a shipper. You respect deadlines, accomplish your work autonomously, and have experience setting a positive example for self-management to your team members.
- You are people-centric. You have the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoy helping others grow.
It would be nice if you also have:
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- Experience organizing workshops, boot camps, developer groups, or forums
- Experience working with standard cloud services providers (preferably AWS or GCP)
- Experience working with international and/or distributed teams
- Experience in using Objective C
- Familiarity in the use of cross-platform technologies.
- Professional proficiency in additional languages like French and Tunisian Arabic
What we offer you
- Competitive compensation package & performance-based bonus
- Fantastic growth opportunity to become an effective leader and role model
- Autonomous and remote-friendly workplace culture (we don’t have working hours and you can work from anywhere)
- A MacBook or other high-specced laptop
- Personal Learning & Development Budget
- Free weekly team lunches
- Team activities, retreats, and reflections
- Peer-to-peer learning and development
- Globally conscious culture invested in the ethical use of technology to solve real problems
Think-it is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability, or perceived disability.
QUICK TIP: Make sure to send us your CV in ENGLISH. No need for a cover letter