CVS Health (501+ Employees, 13% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
– Supports comprehensive coordination of Medicaid and/or Medicare pharmacy services including intake and processing of pharmacy authorization requests. Promotes and supports quality effectiveness of healthcare and Pharmacy Services. Evaluates, authorizes approval, and communicates decisions for pharmacy requests according to clinical guidelines.
– Evaluates and authorizes approval of pharmacy requests received by telephone, facsimile, and/or other means using client clinical criteria. Determines appropriateness for medications. Communicates decision to physicians, physician’s office staff, medical management staff, members, and/or pharmacists.
– Will perform clinical research to support request.
– Performs non-medical research including eligibility verification, COB, and benefits verification.
– Maintains accurate and complete documentation of required information that meets risk management, regulatory, and accreditation requirements.
– Process requests in compliance with various laws and CMS regulations and company policies and procedures.
– May communicate with Aetna Case Managers, Health Plan Staff, External Pharmacies and Health Care Providers
– Promotes communication, both internally and externally, to enhance effectiveness of medication therapy management services.
– Sedentary work involving significant periods of sitting, talking, hearing, and keying.
– Escalates requests to Pharmacist when request requires extensive clinical review or denial.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
– Proficiency in computerized pharmacy systems and software applications.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Experience with Windows-based software applications.
– National Pharmacy Technician certification and Arizona and/or Texas State License, current and in good standing, are required.””
– Utilizes various proprietary systems to build, research, process and enter requests.
– Protects the confidentiality of member information and adheres to company policies regarding confidentiality.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• High volume call center and production unit.
• Experience in retail, hospital, facility or call center is preferred.
High School Diploma, G.E.D.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand – with heart at its center – our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.