Scratch Foundation (, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
“ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Scratchis a creative programming language and the world's largest online coding community for children and teens. Children around the world use Scratch and ScratchJr to create their own interactive games, stories, and animations — and share their creations with one another. In the process, they learn to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively. Last year, more than 30+ million children and teens around the world created projects with Scratch.
As an organization, we're focused on centering our work on supporting creative learning for youth from communities impacted by systemic inequities, investing in our online community, developing our team, scaling our infrastructure, and improving data privacy, interoperability, and in-school experience. We're looking for a diverse pool of applicants to join our team of nearly 70 educators, designers, and engineers, and help us steward our community through this work.
To learn more about Scratch, please visit:https://www.scratchfoundation.org/andhttps://scratch.mit.edu/
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Scratch Foundation is seeking a Senior Philanthropy Officer for Institutional Giving to manage and expand Scratch's institutional partnerships. Reporting to and working with the Chief Philanthropy Officer, the Senior Philanthropy Officer for Institutional Giving will be responsible for building out the next level of institutional relationships with corporate and private foundations through frontline fundraising, while strengthening partnerships with existing institutional partners. The ideal candidate for the Senior Philanthropy Officer for Institutional Giving is an experienced professional with a proven track record of designing and implementing a robust fundraising strategy across foundations. A background in education, tech, creative learning, and/or coding is a plus, but an appreciation for the Scratch Foundation's work and ability to speak compellingly to the mission is paramount.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Identify, secure, steward, and renew six figure gifts from foundations, corporations and other institutional stakeholders aligned with Scratch Foundation's goals, project managing the cultivation and proposal process
– Establish long and short-term goals for fundraising and donor management through identifying key metrics, and driving resources toward successful outcomes
– Create and implement plans for Institutional giving, Identifying top targets and new leads, and developing a growth strategy for the broader portfolio
– Develop a thorough understanding of and appreciation for Scratch Foundation's mission, and an ability to articulate the Foundation's work to potential funders to find mutual alignment
– Establish and maintain relationships with colleagues on the Scratch development team, including Chief Philanthropy Officer, Director of Philanthropic Partnerships, Grants Manager, Director of Impact and Evaluation, and other internal stakeholders, partnering to achieve goals, and support one another's efforts
– Collaborate with colleagues throughout the organization to develop compelling and realistic grant proposals, write the proposals, and integrate feedback, as appropriate
– Work closely with the Grants Manager, who will project manage the institutional giving portfolio, including the writing and researching of grants, reports and new opportunities
– 7-10 years of development experience, with experience working with institutional donors in frontline fundraising role
– Experience cultivating and securing five- and six- figure gifts; experience in raising seven figure gifts a plus
– Expertise building strong, long-term relationships with institutional donors and prospects; ability to communicate with donors in a thoughtful, engaged manner across lines of difference
– Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, experience successfully working across high performing, diverse teams
– Passionate commitment to Scratch's educational mission and vision; experience with Scratch programming language and online community is ideal
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience. The salary range for this position starts at $128K. Information on Scratch Foundation's benefits can be foundhere
The Scratch Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Scratch welcomes people of all ages, races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities. We especially encourage historically marginalized identities to apply.
On-Ramps is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We're partnering with the team at Scratch to build a diverse team that will advance their mission and work. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
On-Ramps is committed to the inclusion of all qualified individuals in the hiring process, including but not limited to those with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application or interview process, please contact [email protected]”