Uptycs (201-500 Employees, 192% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Uptycs is a cloud-native security analytics platform for endpoint, cloud and container workloads, built around osquery (an open-source project from Facebook). With Uptycs, modern defenders can prioritize, investigate and respond to threats across the entire attack surface—all from a common solution. Our platform covers use-cases spanning visibility, audit, compliance, security / XDR and vulnerability.
We’re looking for talented engineers for R&D initiatives for our Cloud platform, with the goal of building cutting-edge and scalable security solutions. The right candidates will have solid development experience using programming languages like Golang and be knowledgeable, passionate about cloud (AWS, GCP or Azure) technology. Candidates should be energetic, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and work well in an agile team atmosphere. As part of a fast growing engineering organization, you’ll be working alongside product managers and engineers who have passion for building highly scalable software products. Your R&D contributions will be critical to shaping our overall Cloud product strategy.
What you'll do:
- Analyze requirements, design and develop code, unit test code and test tools
- Build deeper level understanding and stay informed with broader Cloud (AWS, GCP or Azure) ecosystem
- Design and develop low latency/high throughput server infrastructure components to handle large volume of transactions
- Play a pivotal role in building high-performing, large scale distributed software systems and applications
- Be open to present and defend, design, and technical choices to internal teams during design and code reviews.
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across Dev, QA, Ops and other cross-functional teams will: Develop proof-of-concepts for new products or critical features
- Engineer high quality software components that can perform at large scale in production
- Collaborate with broader team to solve complex problems and deliver end-to-end solutions
- Use development best practices to continuously improve quality and scalability of solutions
- Work with Open Source Software community
What you must have:
- 6+ years of system software development experience.
- Good understanding of multithreading, performance optimization etc
- Direct experience working with and developing cloud native applications and microservices in AWS, GCP or Azure
- Ability to switch contexts and programming languages to deal with complex problems
- Tools for performance analysis and debugging problems
- Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts
- A passion for resourceful and creative problem-solving
- Collaborative attitude ; able to work well with diverse team and mentor
- Golang – Working knowledge of common Goroutine and channel patterns
- Docker and other container runtime environments
- Deeper level hands-on design, configuration, deployment and troubleshooting knowledge of at least 6 to 10 key services in any one of these cloud types( AWS, GCP or Azure ) in production environments
- (Preferred) NodeJS, REST APIs,
- (Preferred) Distributed Systems, Databases and Caching
- GitHub and CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Conducting code reviews
Uptycs builds best-in-class cloud security products that leverage lightweight tools, built on open source software, to collect everything that can help detect, understand, and mitigate a wide variety of security problems. We run on laptops and cloud workloads, monitor Kubernetes and serverless containers, analyze AWS/GCP/Azure configuration and CloudTrail events, you name it. We feed it into a cloud-based security analytics platform that provides comprehensive visibility, threat detection, posture management, remediation, vulnerability management and compliance tracking. We analyze petabytes of data, process millions of events per second, and run a control plane that enables continuous scanning for vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, and APT malware on all major cloud providers and hundreds of thousands of macOS, Linux, and Windows endpoints.
Uptycs enables security professionals at companies such as Comcast, Flexport and Lookout to quickly prioritize, investigate, and respond to potential threats across a company's entire attack surface.
Uptycs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Uptycs is a progressive and open-minded workplace where we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. If you are smart, passionate and good at what you do, come as you are.