Dell Technologies (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Senior Principal Software Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics – all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Principal Software Engineer on our Performance Engineering team based in Hopkinton, Massachusetts – but you can work remotely from anywhere in the contiguous United States – to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Principal Engineer, you will validate, characterize, and improve performance of our cloud storage platform.
• Contribute to the design and architecture of complex systems and software/storage environments
• Develop, execute, and analyze performance tests
• Define and capture metrics to quantify and track system performance
• Triage and troubleshoot complex issues in distributed cloud test environments
• Profile and analyze software and hardware efficiency
• Negotiate requirements with cross-functional teams
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• Expert in performance of large-scale distributed systems, including factors in operating systems, storage, networking and protocols.
• 20+ years of experience with Linux/Unix platforms and computer systems
• 5+ years of experience with Java or other high level programming, on large scale distributed systems
• Ability to code/debug/profile flexible, scalable and complex programs, using either written or verbal design specifications
• Ability to learn new tools, languages and operating systems with some training and on-the-job experience
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, math, science or related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience with Kubernetes, docker, performance profiling and distributed systems written in java
• Experience with large scale storage architectures
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.