CoLab (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who You Are
- You understand that design requires as much strategic thinking as it does having “an eye” for aesthetics.
- You have a keen eye for detail that expresses into beautiful, purposeful, and streamlined designs.
- You aim to design with a distinct perspective.
- You understand the nuances to creating an effective design system end-to-end.
- You champion Brand and UX and consider both equally when designing for digital.
- Working with Strategists, Developers, and other Designers is not only expected but necessary for you to do your best work.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and are excited by the opportunity it presents.
- You know when to lead the charge and when to sit back and actively listen to others.
- You understand the impact of asking the right questions and can do so with ease.
- You are comfortable speaking to both the abstractions and minutiae of design.
- You believe that inspiration comes from unexpected places and apply that philosophy to how you ideate.
- You have a finger on the pulse of emerging trends and innovations in the design, creative, and tech spaces.
- You love working on agile teams and shaping marketing products.
At this time, COLAB will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
What You’ll Do
Designing for web-based digital experiences.
You will design web-based digital experiences, COLAB’s bread and butter. By doing this you will be expected to:
- Expand client’s visual identity language in a way that elevates their brand presence on the web
- Create and maintain scalable UI design systems that are intuitive, usable, and accessible
- Reinforce UX and visual design best practices through responsive solutions
Lead creative & design end-to-end and beyond.
Identify opportunities, strategize creative, and execute designs for project and partnership accounts to support clients’ long-term brand and marketing goals on the web. This includes but is not limited to facilitating Discovery workshops, pitching clients creative ideas, leading deliverable presentations, and supporting the creation of annual plans of ongoing partnerships.
Collaboratively explore problems.
Work with Strategists and Developers on a range of differently sized projects and set realistic goals for deliverables. You will engage in work sessions, open mindedly listen to ideas, and proactively provide critical but necessary feedback to your practice and project teammates.
Communicate effectively and often.
Help maintain team productivity through clear and honest communication. This includes sharing daily statuses with the production team, identifying and calling out red flags on projects, and sharing progress work with your practice team.
Support team growth.
COLAB is constantly evolving and cares about our teammates; we expect you to see opportunities in how we do things, especially when it comes to your team. This means engaging and proactively participating in weekly discussions on how to improve the UX/UI practice team and its processes, mentoring other Designers, and building upon the COLAB brand through culture, marketing, and sales material.
What You’ll Bring
- 6+ years of designing for web-based digital products in flexible, dynamic, and fast-paced environments.
- Knowledge of visual design, user-centered experience design, interaction design, brand development, and the creative process.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite and in at least one of the major industry-standard tools (i.e. Sketch, Figma, XD)
- A commitment to proper and meticulous delivery.
- A desire to engage in iterative design.
- A confidence and talent when it comes to presenting to stakeholders at all levels.
- A passion for creating strong concepts.
- A strong desire to collaborate with team members.
- An ability to time manage and work autonomously in an appropriate manner.
- A dedication to understanding problems.
- A diverse sense of taste with the ability to apply it to a range of context.
- A unique perspective.
- You have basic knowledge of front-end development and how it affects the design process.
- You have dabbled in UX Research and Digital Marketing Strategy.
- You have a passion for motion design.
- You know your way around Figma like the back of your hand.
- You know what Jira is and you’re not afraid to use it.
- 4 Day Work Week
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k) with Company Match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Hybrid Office
- Work From Home (even before encountering a global pandemic)
- Access to Onsite Gym & Pool
- Free Food & Snacks (whenever we’re back in the office…sigh)