Thinkific / Thinktific (201-500 Employees, 271% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you a passionate and accomplished product designer who is driven to deliver an amazing experience for your user? Can you dive deep into data and analytics to glean insights that help you make better design decisions? Do you constantly look for new things to learn in order to grow as a designer? You’re looking for the opportunity to work with amazing people, do meaningful work, and take on big challenges—and you’ll find all of that at Thinkific!
As a Senior Product Designer (Experiments) at Thinkific, you’ll be a key member of our Growth team and contribute to the continued innovation, experimentation, and improvement of our world-class learning platform. You’ll focus on the customer experience and use your design skills to learn from our customers, create compelling visual interfaces, and champion an experience that drives success for Thinkific course creators and their students. You will own and drive projects independently, with the opportunity to collaborate closely with the Design team, Growth team, and other teams within the company. In this role, you’ll be in the unique position to help both uncover and deliver on opportunities that drive customer and business value!
In this role, you will:
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to deliver high-quality results on time while confidently owning “how” we deliver an excellent customer experience
- Move through problem statements, napkin sketches, and rapid prototypes to high fidelity design specs in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
- Influence design direction based on quantitative and qualitative research techniques
- Facilitate design workshops for cross-functional teams
- Use analytics and data as a decision-making tool and use them as success metrics
- Work within an established design system, while bringing your unique insights and perspective to challenge the status quo when needed
- Advocate for the customer experience while considering and balancing differing opinions, especially when deadlines are looming
- Keep an eye on the big picture—the impact of a feature on our overall product or a step within our process—with the desire to make things better
- Inspire others by bringing a high degree of curiosity, creative energy, and customer empathy
- Participate in passionate and respectful debates in a collaborative and inclusive environment
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Share a strong portfolio of design work that clearly articulates your role in each project and shows your ability to apply critical thought to your work
- Have 5+ years specifically in a product design role, with at least 1-2 of those years at a senior level
- Demonstrate expert level experience with low-fi to hi-fi design processes
- Be able to proactively communicate to ensure experiments are launched smoothly and team members are informed
- Show experience in qualitative and quantitative user research techniques and the ability to leverage data to both make and measure decisions
- Be able to design within constraints, including a variety of screen sizes
- Show a willingness and ability to Learn and Grow — you believe continuous learning is important in an ever-changing industry
- Display genuine curiosity and a willingness to challenge yourself (and others) to do great work
- Have experience working with various stakeholders and teams including product, support, marketing, and engineering
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills that enable you to host design critiques and pitch your work to stakeholders
- Have a sense of humour—something had to be last on the list, but it’s as important as the criteria!
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Have experience planning and setting up user research programs and synthesizing research at scale
- Are familiar with mobile app experiences and have designed them previously
- Have conducted a heuristic evaluation on existing interfaces
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience as a growth designer in a SaaS environment
- A strong desire to delve into information architecture, labeling and content hierarchy
- Interest in writing copy that is designed to improve customer experiences
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!