Randstad RiseSmart (501+ Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
senior product designer
At RiseSmart, we help people get the most out of their careers whether they’re looking for a new job, contemplating a career change, want to excel in their current role, or find a better relationship with work. Our efforts on the Product & Design team support that mission by getting people connected with career coaches and by providing access to content and tools to guide users on their journey.
We are a small team of product design generalists working on projects across platforms, including native mobile. Something special about our team is that we collaborate fully and equally with product management. Combined team conversations about features and product decisions help us collaborate to come to the highest quality outcomes given constraints. Everyone has a voice and is open to other perspectives.
RiseSmart is in the midst of an exciting transition launching a new, mobile-first line of business that we expect to grow significantly over the coming year. The Product & Design team just released our new mobile platform into the app store. Check it out here:
RiseSmart feels like a startup within our large parent company, Randstad. That means you’ll have a place to both push the envelope and thoughtfully do your best work. We are a fully remote team and will continue to be. This position is open to anyone in the continental US and will report to the Head of Product Design.
about the job
Product Designers are collaborators who work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure our products are valuable, efficient, and beautiful. The level of this role is open and can be tailored to the candidate.
what you will do
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with users, product managers, and engineers to lead design projects from ideation to delivery.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems; conduct user testing and research efforts to obtain qualitative and quantitative data to inform product direction.
- Communicate designs through detailed wireframes, user flows, and prototypes.
- Develop and deliver beautiful, hi-fidelity visual design mockups and specs.
- Work cross-functionally with designers, engineers, product managers, and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with global teams, translation teams, and developers to assist in localizing and customizing our products around the world.
- 2+ years of experience working in-house as a permanent member of a product design team with multiple designers.
- Exceptional visual design skills – who we hire will be the visual design leader for our team.
- Have a strong portfolio of work samples showcasing interaction/UX design work & process.
- Experience with end-to-end product design, from ideation to collaboration with engineering for final handoff.
- Experience designing across platforms (Web, Android, iOS, email).
- Expert experience using Figma including features such as components and auto-layout.
- Experience working with design systems both as a contributor and as a user to create new features.
- Experience working at startups, Series A or later stage – especially on consumer products.
- Any previous experience in software development – especially mobile development. Coding is not part of this role, but experience is helpful in collaborating with engineers.
- Experience conducting detailed user research at each stage of the product life cycle, and using data to inform design decisions.