Boulder Care (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Founded in 2017, Boulder Care is a digital clinic offering long-term support and treatment for substance use disorders. Collaborating across medical, behavioral, and psychosocial dimensions, Boulder’s dedicated Care Teams deliver evidence-based care and help participants work toward their individual goals.
Boulder’s model is grounded in value. Through innovative partnerships with leading national health plans like Blue Cross Blue Shield, Boulder’s progressive payment arrangements realign incentives to reward outcomes and reduce total cost of care. We can unlock billions of dollars for the US health system by ensuring patients who are gravely underserved today have the opportunity to get well.
Backed by world-class investors like First Round, Greycroft, Acumen, and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) with more than $20M in funding, Boulder is in an exciting stage of rapid growth.
- Based in science: Boulder care teams provide comprehensive, evidence-based treatment that is tailored to each individual’s unique needs and goals. Boulder teams also help manage a host of co-occurring conditions, including depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Hepatitis C, women’s health, and more.
- Grounded in empathy: We provide unconditional support rooted in harm reduction and trauma-informed care. Patients, peer recovery specialists, and caregivers make important decisions together. Boulder Care focuses on long-term health, happiness, and wellness by addressing non-clinical goals like safe housing, employment, parenting, and financial security just as much as clinical outcomes. This model has resulted in a Net Promoter Score of 91 and 12-month-retention rates that are two times higher than the average outpatient program.
- Breaking down barriers: Boulder’s proprietary technology suite makes care accessible, comfortable, and convenient through secure video, phone, and messaging. We’re reaching rural communities of the country, where more than 80% of people have little to no access to buprenorphine (Suboxone) prescribers. Boulder provides low-threshold care that is inclusive, empowering, and heavily influenced by participants’ stated preferences and goals. Wherever our patients wish to go, we’re grateful to go there together.
- The people we care for always come first
- Our opportunity is also our duty, in service to others
- Share facts to change minds, instill empathy to change hearts
- Move the industry forward: follow the data
- Strong individuals, stronger together
About the role
- Boulder Care is looking for a Senior Product Manager to own our provider tools and platform. As the product lead for this area, you will be responsible for the critical infrastructure that allows our clinical team to deliver exceptional care, our revenue team to bill for our services, and our business to capture and process data.
- Boulder’s industry leading provider tools allow our clinicians to focus on care instead of coding, and to coordinate cross functionally to best serve Boulder’s patients.
- Make a difference. The devastating impact of the opioid crisis, “war on drugs,” and care gaps for the underserved are at the forefront now more than any time in US history. By bringing care to more people, we are changing and saving lives. Value-based partnerships help move the industry forward toward a more modern, compassionate, and equitable healthcare system.
- Build your career with talented peers. Boulder brings together a diverse team of expert clinicians, technologists, researchers, and business strategists aligned under a common mission. Boulder’s clinical teams are the leading voices in addiction medicine and industry transformation. Our technology leadership has built products and services that scaled to hundreds of employees and hundreds of millions of end-users. Our team is wholly driven by mission, recognizing that our immense opportunity is also our duty to serve others.
- Grow with us. Boulder is a Series-A-stage, venture-funded company supported by some of the best investors in the country. Together, we’re building a massive business through social impact. According to White House estimates, the opioid crisis cost the US $500 billion in 2015. A member with untreated opioid use disorder (OUD) drives 550% greater healthcare costs to payers than the average member (UHC analysis, 2019). Boulder partners with leading commercial and Medicaid health plans to bring better experiences and effective services to their members, significantly reducing costs and sharing in the economic savings we create.
Success in this role:
- Own the patient health record and the system that allows our providers to interface via chat and video visits: Set the vision and prioritize solutions that will deliver an extraordinary product and service experience for internal team members and patients alike.
- Partner with the CTO and executive team to prioritize product development initiatives and build a backlog/roadmap that helps drive the business forward.
- Work with the executive team to refine and hone broader portfolio strategy and convey the same to the engineering teams.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and define product specifications, triage feature requests and bug reports, and support product rollout through training and documentation.
- Lead end-to-end product development: Steer new products from ideation through QA to launch, with relentless focus on execution and quality.
- Conduct user research to understand patient and provider needs, and gather quantitative and qualitative feedback on our products.
- Perform market research and analysis to understand landscape and evaluate vendors and competitors.
- Work alongside our Product Designer and contribute to product design decisions.
Requirements for the role:
- 5-10 years in a product management role, with experience driving strategy at a senior level and working hands-on with an engineering team to deliver products to market.
- Experience working at a healthcare startup or payor – namely on tools that help clinicians and other providers deliver high quality care at scale.
- Knowledge of revenue cycle management in healthcare and an understanding of how claims are submitted, adjudicated, processed, and paid.
- Experience partnering with engineering management to define and drive agile product development processes.
- Strong writing and presentation skills, an eye for design, comfort doing basic mocks and UX when necessary, experience working with BI/analytics tools and using data to drive decision making.
Boulder Care is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. If you believe in our mission to deliver the world’s most advanced opioid addiction recovery plan, you are encouraged to apply.
To get more details about who we are and our employee benefits, check out Working at Boulder