Hotel Engine (, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Hotel Engine is the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, established to create a richer, more rewarding business travel experience by connecting a global network of businesses and lodging partners. Our innovative travel-tech company is on an incredible growth trajectory and will continue to build on our strong foundations by bringing our customer obsession, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision we make.
In December of 2021, we closed our series B funding round with a $1.3 billion valuation, and that’s just the beginning. We expect 2022 to be our best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes building and supporting our platform are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams to our fast-growing sales, supplier, and member support orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture, with diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Complacency doesn’t live here. We’ve built a team of world-class people who really want to work with other world-class people. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please, read on!
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager for Fintech, specifically focused on revenue optimization, at Hotel Engine! Hotel Engine is growing fast and this is an opportunity to build new, innovative and value-added features for our platform. The heart of our business is successful and streamlined hotel bookings, so this role will insist on the highest experience standards for the booking process, while also thinking strategically about how we solve customer problems at scale Click Here to learn more about our DNA and, if you like what you see, please read on!
Our ideal candidate will provide expertise in revenue optimization and iterative new product development, delivering horizontal platform features in coordination with other product teams, and using analytics to test and prove hypotheses. This role will report directly to our Director of Product – Fintech. If you’ve delivered new and innovative revenue optimization features to market and have a passion for realizing untapped potential, we want to talk with you about making a difference at Hotel Engine!
Here’s what you’ll do
- Serve as the product owner/product manager working with domestic Engineering and design teams to build new features for our customers.
- Identify new value-add opportunities to drive the business forward and partnering cross-functionally with other product teams to deliver the best customer experience
- Deeply understand customer problems and opportunities to differentiate from or be at parity with the competitive landscape
- Maintain a prioritized product roadmap, with a ranked backlog based on end-user needs, while managing urgent stakeholder requests.
- Participate in and lead various aspects of the product development process including daily stand-ups, reviewing customer feedback, requirements gathering, user acceptance testing, demoing product, and whatever needs to be done to ensure successful deployment
- Own the success of your product features by monitoring success through KPIs and customer behavior data to inform future product iteration to continually drive successful performance.
- Act as the expert for all product metrics in your area of ownership including tracking daily trends, modeling impact of new features, performing deep-dive analysis and understanding the competitive landscape.
- Effectively communicate with design, engineering, leadership, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure alignment and meaningful collaboration.
- Deliver product demos that communicate product value proposition, features, and benefits for customers.
Here’s what we’re looking for
- 5+ years’ of Product Management experience, ideally in Agile practices such as Kanban and Scrum
- Solid understanding of how web applications work and current technologies. You do not need a coding background, but you should understand how the pieces fit together
- Proven track record of driving the product development process from beginning to end which includes user story definition, refining, commitment, and delivery
- Demonstrated data-driven decision-making skills
- Ability to identify and extract product data from multiple different locations (product analytics tools, BI tools, directly from a database, etc.)
- Ability to both think strategically about the direction of a product, while at the same time not being afraid to roll your sleeves up and get in the weeds of executing on that strategy
- Experience with owning and managing product features once delivered, including iterating on MVP and scaling up successful launches
- Excellent partner management and communication skills
- Thrive in situations where one must efficiently make sense of chaos
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to move quickly and make decisions with limited information, but also recognize when the wrong decision was made and pivot quickly
- Strong facilitation skills, tenacious and strong-willed in your approach to drive alignment, focused on business results
- The total cash compensation for this role is $120,000-$150,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.