Reports to: VP Customer Experience
Location: Remote (Must be able to overlap with NYC working hours by 4 hours at minimum)
Harvest is an independent software company making tools that help businesses run more smoothly. We believe that businesses only succeed by using their time intentionally. Our products support our customers in helping them track, report, and forecast time. For the past 15 years, our customers have relied on us as a critical part of their day-to-day operations.
Harvest started as a team of 3 and grew slowly to today’s current total of 62 lovely faces. Though we have an office in NYC (which is currently closed due to COVID-19), we hire the best people for the job no matter where they may call home. We work hard to make sure everyone feels included and heard. And we offer great benefits, including bonuses, a generous vacation policy, paid parental leave, team outings (in non-pandemic times) and much more.
Our Product team is looking for a seasoned senior level product manager who has a passion for integrations. We believe our tool works best when it accompanies a series of other tools that help businesses thrive. Integrations are a core offering of Harvest and we’re looking for you to take charge at owning it. Since we’re small and nimble, expect to play a hybrid role of both product management and partnerships management.
The Product team and why we’re hiring
The Harvest Product Team currently consists of two Product Managers, and two Product Designers. This Team is a part of the Customer Experience department, which comprises Product, Services, and Data teams. We’re growing to match our bold and ambitious next phase of Harvest. The role currently reports directly to our VP of Customer Experience. Our senior level position is quite senior comparative to larger companies, and we compensate at the more seasoned tier of Senior PMs. We are looking for the right candidate to be a leader within Product and look after everything Harvest integrates with.
What you’ll do
You’ll have a partner team within Engineering that will support integrations, as well as liaisons across various companies we already work with in our partner portfolio. You and your engineering, design, and support partners will lay out a clear vision for Harvest’s Integration Strategy, mapping out who we should partner with along our customers’ journeys across various industries. You will have a broad latitude to do what it takes to make Harvest Integrations one of the most valuable drivers of Harvest and our valued customers.
Who you are
- You have a track record of owning a product suite or specific domain of a product with exposure to more than 100,000 customers either in B2B or B2C space. This means you have created and/or driven the execution of a matrixed integration strategy towards specific business outcomes.
- You have an expert-level understanding of the integration ecosystem from a technical standpoint all the way through to partner relationship development.
- You embrace a challenge, persist in the face of setbacks, understand give-take priorities, champion an open disagree-and-commit dialog, and are inspired by the success of others.
- You are technically savvy. While you don’t have to write any code yourself, you’re not shy about jumping into GitHub or triaging basic API integration issues via web-based developer tools.
- You have a track record for solving problems with real business impact and have owned setting, building, and validating impact hypotheses. You are outcome-focused.
- You are self-directed, curious, and patient. You enjoy working independently without much supervision.
- You have exposure to and enjoy business development work, especially with regards to building relationships with technology partners in the native app space.
- You like small teams. You want to get to know people by name, and you’re not shy about starting something from scratch.
- You value a distributed and diverse work culture. Working side-by-side with co-workers from around the world is something you cherish.
- You value design excellence and craftsmanship over growth-for-growth’s-sake.
- 8+ years of experience in Product Management, preferably in the SaaS and/or Integration space.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking and the ability to use data and research to inform decisions and inspire new avenues for exploration.
- Expertise in project management.
- Experience with integration partnership development and management.
- Experience in leading a globally distributed team, formally or informally.
In your cover letter, please address the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for Harvest?
- What unique experience would you bring to this role?
- In a short paragraph, please describe why integrations are an integral part of SaaS software. What opportunity are you most excited about for integrations at Harvest?
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Some verlapp with NYC hours.