Eventbrite has built its business on empowering event creators with solutions to enable their success. In the process, we have touched millions of customers, helping them get together, explore their interests, and pursue their passions through live experiences. The Money Systems team at Eventbrite is an integral part of this and is responsible for key experiences in our customers journey – from helping consumers across the world purchase tickets seamlessly to enabling music venues to access funds easily and quickly. This role is within the Money Systems group at Eventbrite. We are doing a lot of impactful work in the upcoming years and are searching for a senior product manager to shape the vision of our payments systems & experiences.
You’ll be joining an experienced team of talented Product Managers, engineers, data scientists and operation specialists all working towards the common goal of keeping Eventbrite users safe. You’ll be charged with creating powerful and easy-to-use solutions with our word class payments teams and making financial information on our platform accurate and seamless for our users. You will own the product roadmap and help us accelerate our growth into new markets, ticketing verticals and lines of business.
A successful candidate will be a creative and technical thinker, one who thrives on interesting complicated challenges and is comfortable with ambiguity and building new products from the ground up. You will be responsible for defining a vision, strategy and leading a team in executing a roadmap for payments systems & experiences at Eventbrite.
You will make data-driven product decisions supported by both metrics and user research. You will work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders and will collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers and other stakeholders within and across other business units. Your ultimate goal is to build high quality products that enable the trusted relationship our users have with Eventbrite and impact our high-growth business.
- Spearhead product strategy and requirements for the payment teams
- Lead the ideation, research, design, development and launch of products
- Define clear vision & strategy and support your product team in understanding customer/ stakeholder pain points and requirements, develop strong roadmaps and executing on them
- Create clear goals for the team. Drive product development with a world-class team of Engineers, Designers and Analysts to deliver impact for our business and users
- Use data and metrics to inform your strategy and success criteria
- Work cross-functionally with experts across the organization and collaborate with stakeholders and engineers, as well as partners in policy, legal, and operations.
THE SKILL SET
- 3-5 years of product management experience, preferably with experience working in the payments domain or on other marketplace platforms
- Passionate and knowledgeable about payments, with strong technical level understanding
- Self-starter with a solid track record of execution and results
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, collaborate, influence and work as part of a team
- Ability to influence team members across all departments and levels of the organization
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills with data-driven approach to decision-making
- User-first mindset with experience in user research and testing
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience or knowledge of eCommerce platforms/ marketplaces
- Passion for live events, frequently attending events and buying tickets online
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.