Elastic (501+ Employees, 58% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business-it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
Elastic Cloud is currently going through huge growth, and we need to expand our cloud product management team to support the growth. We are looking for an outstanding Senior Product Manager to join our data analytics team. The analytics team’s charter is to provide customer insight across business, product, and engineering teams to grow the business. We are looking for a seasoned product manager who can work with our engineering team to define and build the underlying data analytics infrastructure and services using Elastic and third-party products.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will work with product management, engineering, sales, senior leadership, and other internal stakeholders to help grow product adoption and increase customer consumption by driving data-driven decisions. You will use multiple product analytics tools, including our own data platform and third-party analytics tools.
Your responsibilities include:
- Drive long-term data analytics strategy and evolve our data analytics platform and telemetry infrastructure to derive meaningful insights about how our products are being used.
- Develop detailed use-cases and product requirements, working closely with engineering teams through the design, development, and release processes
- Understand and remedy data analytics user needs by interacting directly with internal users, reading and understanding GitHub issues, and listening for the valuable feedback
- Effectively articulate the business value of our data analytics platform and describe technical requirements to developers
What You Bring Along:
You are broadly knowledgeable of modern data ingest pipelines, ETL processes, data visualization, the customer lifecycle, and product adoption funnels.
You excel when working in a cross-functional role in a highly distributed global team and have experience effectively communicating across these teams.
You are comfortable enabling internal stakeholders and evangelizing best practices for how best to gain insights from telemetry data.
In addition, you have:
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics for a SaaS product(s) and have a deep understanding of SaaS or IaaS domains
- Product management experience with telemetry, KPIs and product usage data and the technical implementation behind them
- Data analytics and storytelling experience deriving meaningful insights and communicating findings to executives and engineers.
- Big plus if you have prior experience in Elasticsearch.
- Experience in building data analytic integration with third-party products.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave