Pulley (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Pulley‘s mission is to make it easier for anyone to start a company. We believe that more startups should be created, and that founder-led companies are more successful in the long term. With Pulley’s cap table management tools, companies can better understand and optimize their equity for the long term. Starting a company is hard enough. Managing equity shouldn’t be.
We’re a high-performing team looking for passionate, execution-focused, self-starters to help us build equity management tools for founders. Pulley is growing quickly with over 1600 customers including unicorns like Clubhouse, Birdies, and Coda- all within our first year of product launch. Our trajectory is fueled by top investors like Stripe, General Catalyst, Caffeinated Capital, 8vc, Elad Gil, among other great angels. All of our growth has been organic, and we’re growing the team to meet the demand.
About the Role
As a Senior Product Manager in the Pulley platform ecosystem, you’ll run a strategic product function that will build the next generation of equity management products. You’ll be an essential partner for growing and scaling Pulley, and play a critical role in building the future of what we think is possible.
- Be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from conception to launch to ongoing improvements, working at a strategic and tactical level to create products people love
- Work at both a strategic and tactical level, turning data, research, and intuition into building the next generation of equity management products
- Talk to customers, understand their most pressing pain points, and work with your team to build innovative and delightful solutions
- Build frameworks to tackle problems – can take the complexity and simplify them into simple frameworks to communicate to the team
- You have high standards for craftsmanship: You know that shipping doesn’t end after you release and work with your teams to ensure a culture of continuous improvement, driven by qualitative and quantitative insights
- You have a strong product sense: you empathize with users and craft experiences that solve their most critical pain points and delight them while achieving business goals
- You are detail-oriented: cap tables are a complex data model problem and getting the details right requires you to closely collaborate with many stakeholders across CS, Sales, and Legal
- You are intellectually curious and able to regularly inspire creativity and excellence in our product and with our customers
- You thrive in bringing structure to ambiguity
- You have a willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results
- You enjoy hands-on execution as well as strategic thought leadership
- 5+ years of experience and a track record of leading an important, customer-facing product area
- Excellent communicator, for both internal and external audiences
- Excellent collaborator with a history of leaving organizations in a better spot through improved processes, structure, and track records
- Ability to engage in strategic discussions and determine tradeoffs, while driving discussions toward decisions
Nice but not Essential
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- An engineering or quantitative background – we ship daily. You should be able to understand the technical trade-offs between building option A vs B
- An eye for good design – knows what good UX looks like
- Generous health insurance
- Unlimited vacations
✨ Our Culture
TL&DR – Pulley is not a good fit for everyone, and that’s OK. This is a bit about the culture of Pulley. We need people who aren’t just interested in working at a startup; we need people who are excited about building a great company. In addition to function-specific skills, here are some traits that enable our team members to thrive:
- Ego-less Learner — Every day at Pulley, we are trying things that we’ve never done before – sometimes they work; sometimes they don’t. To be successful here, you need to embrace that feeling of ‘being a beginner’ and be willing to accept feedback in stride.
- Less Talk; More Action — Everyone rolls up our sleeves at Pulley. If your strength is being the ‘idea gal or guy’ but you don’t create your own slides or write your own code, then we are not a great fit.
- Prioritize ruthlessly – Our view is that being a 10x engineer is not about writing more code; it’s about making the right decision on what to build. We’re hiring people who can make the right strategic decisions on where to spend their time.
We’re also inspired by the culture work done at other companies and plan to develop our own playbook here too. One of the concepts that resonate most with us is the importance of stunning colleagues.
If you like the sound of our environment and you’re passionate about joining a team like the one we’ve described, we’d love to talk!