"Sailpoint Technologies, Inc." (501+ Employees, 44% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
SailPoint, the leader in enterprise identity, brings SailPoint Predictive Identity™ to customers around the world.
Senior Revenue Accountant I
(Currently remote but may require future relocation to Austin, TX, time frame undetermined)
This position is primarily responsible for supporting the business through the accurate recording of revenue transactions in accordance with US GAAP. This person will have the overall responsibility for initial analysis and documentation of sales contracts in accordance with the Company’s policy and authoritative guidance. You will have the opportunity to work with cross functional teams to identify potential revenue impacting deal structures and contract terms, present alternatives to internal teams and document findings in line with company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review customer license and SaaS agreements to identify potential revenue impacting terms
- Review stand-alone statement-of-work and document revenue impact to related new sales
- Ensure proper revenue treatment within the ERP system including any manual JEs as necessary
- Ensure revenue accounting policies are documented and applied consistently
- Prepare and oversee monthly journal entries, reconciliations, and related reporting within stated timelines
- Support stand-alone selling price analysis
- Assist with SOX compliance for Revenue related items
- Key contact with external auditors to provide support and documentation for quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Work cross-functionally and within the revenue team, creating a positive working environment, and investing in others to help them grow
- Participate in other special accounting and finance team projects as needed
- B.S. or above degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 3-5 years of progressive experience – preferably Big 4 accounting firm experience and/or public companies with multiple, complex revenue streams in a software environment
- Knowledge of ASC 606, especially under multiple performance obligations and software revenue recognition
- Ability to evaluate customer requests in coordination with cross functional teams by conducting technical accounting research, presenting solutions to enable management and documenting findings
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills as well as ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate, guide and interact professionally with a wide range of personnel at various levels within the organization to drive sound business decisions
- Knowledge of SOX requirements, including the ability to assess, develop and implement internal controls related to revenue and deferred revenue
- Ability to effectively present information with confidence and accuracy to various levels of internal management and external auditors
SailPoint is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome everyone to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.