BenchSci (201-500 Employees, 119% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
BenchSci’s vision is to bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We’re achieving it by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence. Backed by F-Prime, Gradient Ventures (Google’s AI fund), and Inovia Capital, our platform accelerates science at 15 top-20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading research centers worldwide. We’re a remote-first company recognized for our impact and culture as a Deloitte Tech Fast 50TM, CIX Top 10 Growth, Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked organization on Glassdoor. Learn more at www.benchsci.com.
We are currently seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing Core Services, System Reliability Engineering team! Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you’ll apply your technical and domain expertise to solve complex technical and business challenges; participate in design discussions, code reviews, and project-related team meetings; and work with other engineers to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs concerning functionality, performance, observability, scalability, and reliability.
- Lead software and system design initiatives by leveraging cloud-native design patterns and injecting your cloud expertise into the entire development lifecycle.
- Partner closely with engineering and product stakeholders and other cross-functional teams to devise and refine requirements.
- Build out and deploy observability platforms to enable teams to self-serve their metrics gathering and dashboarding needs.
- Help improve the monitoring and alerting system that support our applications and APIs through SLIs and SLOs and drill down metrics.
- Improve our Incident Response processes.
- Work closely with your team, Staff Engineers, and Engineering Managers to help promote SRE best practices.
- Help reduce toil and improve developer productivity by automating our team and business processes.
- Increase the quality and standard of the documentation of our systems, and work with application development teams to maintain that standard.
- Effectively communicate cross-cutting decisions to all potentially impacted teams.
- Build trust with your colleagues through open and transparent communication.
- Be provided with an opportunity to constantly grow and learn.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Site Reliability Engineer or DevOps Engineer, with a focus on observability and reliability.
- Expert knowledge of observability and reliability tools and techniques in a cloud-native environment.
- Experience with cloud reference architectures and developing specialized stacks on cloud services.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others.
Nice to haves, but not required qualifications:
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform.
- Expert knowledge of Python.
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture that hires the best talent from around the world
A competitive compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
Comprehensive health and dental benefits with an emphasis on mental health
Three weeks of vacation plus an additional day for every completed year
A $2000 Annual Learning & Development budget
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
Additional time-off: 2 weeks for Winter Holiday, every other Friday in July and August, your birthday, and more!
A $1000 work from home allowance to make your home setup perfect for you
An executive coach for managers to assist in leading high-performing teams
A lifestyle spending account for employees to receive reimbursement for eligible expenses related to wellness, lifestyle and productivity.
We believe culture is critical to success and invest accordingly. We live and promote our FASTT values of focus, advancement with speed, tenacity, and transparency. We work hard to maintain an engaging, supportive environment where everyone can do their best work. To learn more, read our culture deck.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. To learn more, read about our DEI initiatives.
BenchSci provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.