Moz (201-500 Employees, 2% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Moz is growing its Data Platform team under the Data Engineering org. This team is focused on all aspects of managing data. We build systems to acquire, extract, transform, score, and serve terabytes of SEO data from a large variety of sources. We are iterating and optimizing on our fully cloud-based big data stores and services in AWS. We are moving from on-premise mesos based container orchestration systems to AWS ECS. We are also migrating our hadoop eco-system to AWS EMR over S3 and EMRFS.
If you like the challenge of streamlining data collection processes, managing and improving Big Data related infrastructure, and wrangling hundreds of millions of data points, consider joining us as we build our next-generation data procurement platform to produce the foundational data that fuels Moz’s product, services, and research.
About the position:
What you will do:
- Build, maintain, and support large-scale collections and processing systems.
- Transform our Hadoop/HBase infrastructure to AWS EMR managed services that serves our keywords relationship metrics plus keywords suggestions and corpus.
- Be part of a Scrum team that designs, swarms, and pairs together
- Implement and improve deployment, monitoring, testing, operational and foundational tools.
- Mentor junior developers
- Be an excellent problem solver and be willing to roll up sleeves to tackle any issue thrown your way
Experience We Want to See:
- 5+ years experience architecting and developing large-scale distributed systems
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent training and experience
- Experience on Amazon EMR using EMRFS and S3 or HBase cluster using Hadoop’s HDFS and MapReduce infrastructure
- Familiarity with Python, Java, Spark, Ruby and/or Node.js
- Familiarity with source control. Github is preferred.
- Experience with Linux and cloud-based environments
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Ability to communicate with management, software architects, and developers about project status, APIs and overall system health.
- Work in an agile process – be able to break down work into bite-size chunks and communicate this to the team
- Working knowledge of modern web technologies including cloud based APIs and protocols (REST, JSON)
Nice to Have:
- Data Science background or experience
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience with EC2, ECS and S3
- Proficiency with Docker and related container orchestration.
- Participation in a technical community is a major plus: e.g., contributions to open-source projects, published works, presentations in academic conferences or industry circles
- AWS networking such as VPC and security groups
- AWS Analytics such as Athena, Glue, Sagemaker, Kinesis
Here is what you will be working with!
- Node.js ES6
- Java, Scala
- HBase/EMR clusters, Riak, Redis/Elasticache, MySQL
- AWS Services
- Thousands of servers
We’re open to having folks be based out of any of our US &/or Canadian office locations.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected.
The Moz Group, a division of Ziff Davis, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZD), is a leading Internet information and services company consisting of a portfolio of brands across digital media and cloud services. The Moz Group business includes Campaigner, iContact, Kickbox, Moz and SMTP.com.