Zillow (501+ Employees, 21% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Zillow is an online real estate marketplace for finding and sharing information about homes, real estate, and mortgages.
About the team
Zillow is disrupting real-estate by empowering people to unlock life’s next chapter. The Premier Agent Data Engineering team, part of Zillow Group Analytics, contributes by building pipelines and data tools that empower teams by providing access to high quality datasets at scale. We achieve this goal by building and deploying highly scalable, schema conscious pipelines with strong best-practices around data quality. We enable consumers to efficiently self-serve data for business reporting, machine-learning training/inference, data science models and every-day business decision making.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to support our team in efficiently implementing, operating and improving data pipelines, building data-marts, and investing in tooling to enable data-producer & consumer team to efficiently publish & access quality Premier Agent data. In this role, you will:
- Architect, build & support new data marts across various products & applications.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, data scientists & machine-learning engineers to understand data needs.
- Improve existing data processes and infrastructure by pioneering the adoption and use of new technologies within Zillow.
- Embody technical leadership role within the team and mentor junior engineers.
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- Substantial prior experience designing and building sophisticated, highly scalable / reliable data pipelines, using the Big Data ecosystem(Hadoop/Hive/Spark/Presto/Airflow/Kinesis or equivalents)
- Understands the concepts behind distributed databases, and both streaming and batch processing systems
- Software development experience with high proficiency in either Python, Java, Scala or another language.
- Prior experience shipping highly scalable applications on cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP) and database technologies (SQL/NoSQL/column-oriented datastores/distributed databases)
- Excellent communication skills and is comfortable understanding business requirements and translating code to non technical stakeholders.
- Passionate about data engineering / analytics and distributed systems.
- Passionate about mentorship, and coaching/onboarding/leading teammates.
In additional to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location.
Get to know us
Zillow Group, the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web, is building a safe, on-demand real estate experience. Whether selling, buying, renting or financing, customers can turn to Zillow’s businesses to find and get into their next home with speed, certainty and ease.
We are on a mission to help people unlock their next chapter and are building transformational tools and services that create an on-demand real estate transaction experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents, Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads, JUST Capital 100 Company, and the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.