Doxy.me (501+ Employees, 364% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Help us build meaningful software in healthcare used by doctors, patients, and researchers worldwide.
Doxy.me is the simple, free, and secure telemedicine solution used by over 1 million healthcare providers worldwide. Our mission is to eliminate barriers to telemedicine like cost and accessibility, so we are constantly striving to make doxy.me more accessible to everyone, everywhere. With over 350,000 telemedicine calls made through our platform every day, there are millions of people relying on us to simplify their healthcare services.
- Authentic. We are sincere and care personally. We don’t let egos get in the way, getting to the right answer is more important than being right. We aren’t afraid to challenge someone directly, but not like a jerk. We focus on doing the right thing, we are the type of person who always takes the shopping cart back.
- Bright. We use our innate intelligence, talent, and curiosity to create simple, innovative, world-class solutions to problems. We just “get it”. We are constantly seeking to increase our own brightness through self-improvement and combining our brightness with others.
- Effective. We are hungry self-starters who will get the job done regardless of circumstances. We don’t need to be managed or told what to do. We are reliable and pride ourselves in producing high-quality, world-class results on time.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer motivated by unique, interesting, meaningful challenges in the healthcare sector. We help doctors provide remote medical care, researchers collect structured data, the general public understand personal risks of disease, and much much more.
What Will You Do
- Build and maintain the scalable cloud-native backend platform for the entire doxy.me product
- Partake in the whole cycle of feature development, from ideation to the actual delivery
- Participate in code reviews and application debugging and diagnosis, and practice modern software development methodologies
- Collaborate with cross-functional and international agile teams
- Advocate for doxy.me system design principles and general technical standards in our engineering teams
- Write clean, high-quality, test-driven code and mentor others to do so
- Participate in the LeSS process and SCRUM ceremonies
- Extensive experience as a software engineer building scalable cloud-native systems
- Hands-on experience with databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL) and cloud platforms, preferably with AWS
- An expert in TypeScript and Node.js to build scalable backend systems and RESTful APIs, preferably with Nest.js/Fastify
- Experience with Unit/Integration/e2e testing
- An eye for detail when it comes to UX and UI
- Knowledge of Git or other version control systems, preferably experience with Gerrit
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and micro-service architecture
- Comfortable with error reporting and monitoring tools like DataDog
- Benefits: 20 days paid time off, sick leave, flexible public holidays, extensive educational program, Macbook, remote working environment
- Doxy.me tech stack:
- React, Node.js, Typescript, WebRTC, Loopback 4, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, AngularJS
- 3rd party: Vonage, Pubnub, Segment, Twilio, Stripe
- Our products:
- Doxy.me: The simple, free, and secure telemedicine solution currently used by over 700000 doctors worldwide and helping over 500000 patients/day.
- dokbot.io: Patient-focused data collection for healthcare.
- Adhere.ly: digital adherence tool for providers and their patients.
- ItRunsInMyFamily.com: Using health history to identify the risks of cancer and other diseases that run in families.
- Our team: technologists, academics, researchers, and innovators from all over the world. English is the language used in all internal communication.
- To ensure HIPAA compliance we perform background checks after extending a job offer.