Lime (501+ Employees, 20% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Lime is the world’s largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
Data touches everything we do here, from optimizing the efficiency of our warehouse operations to powering our demand forecasting models. As a Senior Software Engineer on the data team, you’ll architect data systems and services that are resilient to disruptions and failures, bring modern technologies and practices into the system to improve reliability and support rapid scaling of the business’s data needs, and work cross functionally with product, business and finance teams to make data a competitive advantage for Lime.
Remote Friendly. You can work close to where you love to live and still be a key part of Lime (US & Canada only)
What You Will Do:
- Design data development workflows that increase developer efficiency and help prevent errors and mistakes.
- Architect data systems that are resilient to disruptions and failures
- Ensure high uptime for all data services (e.g. our central data warehouse, data lake, ETL, and realtime processing)
- Bring modern technologies and practices into the system to improve reliability and support rapid scaling of the business’s data needs
- Ensure and implement security measures for all data systems
- Democratize data within the organization by formulating and enforcing best practices across teams
- Scale up our data infrastructure to meet business needs
- Mentor junior members, make architectural decisions and prepare design documents
- 4+ years relevant industry experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent areas
- Experience with large-scale data warehousing architecture and data modeling
- Worked with Cloud-based architecture such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience working with big data technologies e.g Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow, Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, Flink is a plus
- Experience leading design reviews and has actively participated in design reviews of related software
- Experience influencing a team’s technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and approaches
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Expert in SQL and high-level languages such as Python, Java or Scala
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze large data sets to identify gaps and inconsistencies in ETL pipeline and provide solutions for pipeline reliability and data quality
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits
In accordance with Colorado State Law, if the candidate selected for this job resides in Colorado, the anticipated minimum salary will be $105,000, plus bonus and equity (when eligible), as well as benefits. Exact salary will ultimately depend on the candidate’s qualifications. In addition to base salary, this role will be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of management discretion and employee performance.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.