Square (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build the best possible experience for the engineering solutions we develop. You will work closely with designers, product managers, and engineers to deliver solutions that maximize UX, accessibility, and performance.
As a Software Engineer within the Enterprise Engineering team, your goal will be to develop innovative solutions to solve problems for our business teams. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for the creation of technical designs and requirements as well as the implementation of new features and systems.
- Work on internal facing applications and services that fulfill niche functional requirements for our partner teams.
- Take ownership over the technical direction and long-term health of our team’s applications/services and work on all parts of the stack.
- Work with other teams to understand user needs and contribute in designing and delivering solutions to solve complex business problems.
- Write concise, well-organized code and sensible tests following best practices.
- Create and maintain technical systems documentation.
- Exemplifies and upholds software engineering standards within the team.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience developing scalable production software incorporating testing, evaluation, and monitoring.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficient in one of GoLang, Ruby or Java
- Experience working with MySQL and Snowflake.
- Experience in UI frameworks like React, Ember, Angular etc.
- Experience building and deploying applications in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem.
- A desire to teach, improve, and otherwise force multiply the strengths of the engineers that surround you.
Technologies We Use
- GoLang, Ruby, Rails
- Snowflake,MySQL, BigQuery
- AWS, GCP, Docker
- DataDog, Sentry, SignalFx, Prometheus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.