PagerDuty (501+ Employees, 45% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
Overview of the Role
As a Senior Front-end Engineer in Platform, you’ll help lead PagerDuty through a highly strategic transformation from a pure product to a platform. PagerDuty is transitioning from a set of products to a platform that consists of a set of configurable, flexible building blocks that can be leveraged to manage a variety of real-time work and real-time workflows. With that, we are increasing our engagement with partners integrating other tools with PagerDuty, consultants building bespoke solutions, and customers customizing the platform and creating deeper integrations to fit specific environments and specific workflows. Come help us build the new Platform group who are shipping the building blocks of the new PagerDuty Platform.
The Platform team is working closely with other product development teams internally who will leverage these building blocks to build new products. We’re also working closely with customers and partners to better understand their needs as it comes to platform flexibility and customizability; our larger, more sophisticated customers, in particular, are asking for a high level of customizability in terms of how they manage real-time work (such as alerts, incidents, post-mortems, security events, etc). Additionally, you will be working closely with Product and UX to create our design system and help deliver innovative product features.
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- Think long term and partner with our Co-Founder and Platform GM and our peers in product management to build out a long term vision for the PagerDuty Platform.
- Design and architect the set of flexible platform building blocks that will become the PagerDuty Platform.
- From day one, you’ll be designing, coding, testing and shipping frontend interfaces and libraries that ensure we deliver secure, highly reliable and scalable solutions to our customers.
- Since we own and operate what we build, you’ll collaborate closely with engineers across teams.
- You’ll be involved in mentoring and teaching frontend skills to other engineers at PagerDuty.
- Curating the frontend design system in a complex distributed system.
- Developing frontend architecture patterns that scale across the engineering organization and provide better user and developer experiences
- Writing unit and integrations tests
- Owning and shepherding projects that our team takes on
- Creating alignment among various stakeholders about a recommended technical direction
- You have at least 6 years experience building and managing web apps using a modern component based framework.
- Have worked on distributed React apps, NodeJS required
- Knowledge about core parts of frontend engineering (state management, performance, accessibility, styling, infrastructure)
- Empathy – you can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to others and facilitate these technical discussions to a successful outcome.
- Commitment to ensuring our team works sustainably and inclusively. Read more about PagerDuty’s commitment to diversity & inclusion.
- You have strong experience in designing and building REST APIs.
- Experience with agile (scrum, kanban, lean) delivery methodologies.
- Public cloud engineering on AWS (preferred), Azure, or GCP platforms.
We’re Particularly Interested In People Who
- Have worked on a component library or design system before
- Favor regular, incremental delivery over perfection.
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for themselves and their teams.
- Are excited about ensuring that all of our systems scale smoothly.
- You’ve played a key role or contributing role on architecting or building a developer platform.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave – up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time – 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days – scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty – a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty verifies work authorization in accordance with the requirements of your local jurisdiction.