Moz (201-500 Employees, 2% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Moz is looking for a Sr. Software Developer to join our Application Development team.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a lead engineer to have a major impact on our engineering org as a whole. You’ll lead projects to improve the observability and reliability of our existing products while contributing to major architectural decisions that will define the next generation of application development at Moz.
This team is responsible for customer-facing applications that deliver SEO data insights. Through the applications they build, Moz customers are able to access insights, workflows, and aggregations of information above and beyond Moz’s core data offerings.
We are an office optional company. This position can be fully remote from anywhere within Canada. We’re also open to having folks be based out of our Vancouver, BC office.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected.
What you’ll do
- Build and maintain high-performing software applications and systems using:
- React / Redux
- Help build and define an exceptional engineering culture, establishing best practices and patterns that will empower the team to build quickly produce high quality software.
- Work collaboratively with the engineers on the Application Development team to ensure the quality and performance of the systems through code reviews, documentation, analysis, and enforcing engineering best practices to ensure high-quality software.
- Contribute to our DevOps culture by maintaining our systems, including:
- building reusable infrastructure in Terraform
- creating documentation and run books
- establishing monitoring and alerting
- maintaining and building automated test suites
- Lead and mentor people through reviews, architecture design, development of new features, and migration of legacy systems.
- Participate in the on-call rotation, handling systems and operations issues as they arise including responding to off-hours alerts
- Collaborate with other teams on dependent work and integrations as well as staying vigilant for activities happening outside the team that would have an impact on the work your team is doing.
- Work with Product Managers and UX Designers to deliver new features and capabilities.
- Work with the Principal Engineers and engineering managers to set technical direction and ensure developmental progress for the organization
- Understand the product direction and anticipate the need for new technical foundations or bottlenecks that will need to be removed.
- Learn and understand the team’s work and products from a Moz business perspective.
- Use good security practices to protect Moz code and systems.
Experience we want to see
- At least 5 years of experience as a software engineer
- At least 5 years of experience delivering products or services using web technologies
- Experience working with React JS (Redux, Sagas, Hooks, MUI, Styled Components)
- Experience with working Node.js and micro-service architectures
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience designing APIs design and distributed backend systems
- Experience working remotely with a distributed team
- Strong grasp of design principles
- Great problem-solving skills
- Experience working with AWS (ECS, Aurora, EventBridge, SQS, S3)
- Experience with Document stores and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Typescript and Next.js
- Experience with GraphQL / Apollo
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world-class quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made.
Moz was founded in 2006 and is a subsidiary of ZiffDavis (NASDAQ: ZD)