The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for using critical thinking and expert knowledge of programming to help continue to develop our software platforms and maintain functionality of these programs for our clients. On our new and growing team, the Senior Software Engineer will be instrumental in not only developing the technical solutions needed to deliver value to our clients, but also giving input on ideas for improvement across our technical stack and our product.
What you’ll be doing:
● Hands-on software development
● Design technical solutions and implement those solutions in our environment
● Ensure learnings from each project are brought together to feed back into consistent best practices and processes for the engineering team
● Use analytical thinking to identify and resolve problems
● Develop and maintain functionality of our software programs
● Other duties and responsibilities as related and required
What we’re looking for:
● High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
● 3+ years of development experience
● Track record of delivering well-engineered products with modern technologies for a variety of domains
● Experience with modern front-end and back-end frameworks in multiple languages
● An understanding of web app fundamentals up and down the stack, from pixels to queries and everything in between
● Drive to help to build the framework of the engineering team culture that future team members will join
● Highly attentive, detail-oriented and organized
● Highly reliable and a team player – willing to wear multiple hats to drive productivity
● Desire to work with a tech start-up and is enthusiastic about the opportunity for growth within the company
● Experience with a start-up is a plus!
Steno is a venture-backed finance & legal tech startup based in Los Angeles that’s modernizing a very traditional industry. Steno makes getting and paying for legal support services easy by combining litigation finance with a two-sided market that connects court reporters, videographers, and interpreters with the law firms that need their services.
Steno has been experiencing very high growth and market adoption since its release in early 2019, and we are continuously looking for amazing people who are ready to upend a traditional industry and to help us meet the demands of scaling our product and to meet our customers’ needs.
Due to COVID-19, we are currently working remotely from home and will provide any equipment needed to be productive and comfortable in a remote working environment. We will be training and continually working as a team through Zoom.
Steno is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental ability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.