Olo / Olo.com (501+ Employees, 105% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Olo’s newest team, Customer Intelligence + FOH, is passionate about reimagining the restaurant experience by bringing everything a restaurant knows about each customer to every interaction and business decision.
Our first-ever-purpose-built-for-restaurants CDP & CRM are at the core of our products and bring powerful customer intelligence to operations, marketing, guest sentiment, and more. We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack to architect and develop essential systems and features on this creative team.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering for the Customer Intelligence + FOH team, our next Senior Backend Engineer will help us take our product scaling to the next level.
If you are passionate about both backend and frontend technologies, comfortable working solo or collaboratively to accomplish projects, and excel in a high ownership environment while taking large projects from spec to ship, this may be the perfect role for you.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center.
What You’ll Do
- Build essential Wisely features and infrastructure
- Spec projects based on product requirements and design mocks
- Translate spec to technical tickets
- Write, QA, and ship code to production
- Improve our technology and team
- Review fellow team member’s work through code review and RFCs
- Co-create architecture and specs for other projects
What We’ll Expect From You
- 6+ years of experience
- You are a proven software engineer building systems at scale
- You have solid experience with frontend and backend frameworks such as Vue.js, Node.js or similar etc
- You have a strong command and working knowledge of different frontend and backend related technologies
- You are excited to lean slightly backend as we scale
- You are a collaborative team player with the ability to work across multiple domains and teams with a diverse group of engineers
- You are opinionated about how things are built and will be an essential member of a growing Product and Engineering team
- Lover of food and restaurants
Our Tech Stack
- Frameworks: Vue, Node
- Datastores: PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- Deployment: Kubernetes, Helm
Olo is a leading on-demand commerce platform powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation. Millions of orders per day run on Olo’s enterprise SaaS engine, enabling brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations. The Olo platform provides the infrastructure to capture demand and manage consumer orders from every channel. With integrations to over 100 technology partners, Olo customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. Over 500 restaurant brands use Olo to grow digital sales, maximize profitability, and preserve direct consumer relationships. Learn more at olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!