Aledade (501+ Employees, 154% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the mental and physical health of thousands of people when they need it most? That's what we do here at Iris Healthcare. We are the leading provider of healthcare planning services via telehealth, leveraging technology to improve the lives of people living with serious illness. In the process, we are addressing one of the largest drivers of waste in the U.S. Healthcare system — over $200 billion of unnecessary care delivered every year. Most of this wasteful healthcare is delivered to vulnerable patients in the last few years of life, creating avoidable suffering and financial burden for millions of patients and their families. Click here to learn more about Aledade & Iris Healthcare
Iris Healthcare seeks a talented full stack engineer to help us create applications and features to help patients with serious medical conditions learn about their illness and connect with their family members and healthcare professionals to create a plan to guide critical future healthcare decisions which follows them everywhere.
Whether for internal or external users, you enjoy creating great user experiences. You like to be first on a project, setting the foundation code for both front-end and back-end. You have an instinct for code architecture and leading quality coding efforts. By example you set standards and practices that keep coding nimble, organized, testable, readable, debuggable, maintainable and so on.
You understand building scalable architectures. Dealing with millions of records per client doesn’t scare you. Creating security around client data, and protecting individual patient health information is important to you.
As the engineering team grows, you like helping to mentor and galvanize them to do their best work. You naturally work across disciplines to shape a product development effort that motivates everyone to do their best work. With demonstrated aptitude and performance, there will be opportunities to grow into technical leadership as well.
Our culture is one that thrives on solving difficult problems, focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas.
Challenges you can work on:
- Scale our services and web apps to connect clinicians and patients, coming up with matching algorithms to best connect the right clinician to the right patient.
- Develop a smart service layer that will allow for in-session personalization based off patient needs and data
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs to extend our capabilities
- Data science & prediction algorithms
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of professional software dev experience or have led a standout full stack product
- Back-end tech like NodeJS, Ruby, Python, php
- Comfort in building API service layers to support multiple types of front-end applications
- Comfort with scalable, high availability databases whether SQL or object-based
- Comfort with cloud techniques in the vein of AWS
- You understand the craftsmanship of code, picking up the right techniques for the job
- You know how to ship code in fast, iterative cycles
- Adept at creating stateless and secure experiences with highly scalable back-end systems
- You have an ability to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- Comfort working in early-stage startup environment where things are not necessarily defined and iteration is constant
- An analytical problem solver that is passionate about delivering a high quality user experience
- Cross-browser development & compatibility experience
- Experience with Machine Learning, Data Science, Statistics is a bonus
- Experience in healthcare industry or health plans’ claims data is a bonus
- Lead and own the technical product direction
- Advocate for solutions to technical challenges, articulating schedule / risk / quality tradeoffs
- Collaborate across disciplines for positive, productive teamwork
- Establish engineering best practices and craftsmanship while mentoring other engineers
- Shape the engineering process to ensure successful, timely delivery of products
- Participate in design and architecture sessions with other senior technical leads
- Produce quality, innovative, debuggable, testable and maintainable code
- Learn new things, fail fast, and explore new coding territory
- Work with security consultants and vendors to achieve requirements
- Work with product management, operations, vendors in an Agile environment
- Conduct peer code reviews and act as a resource for junior developers and interns
All prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated, including booster shots, against COVID-19 with a COVID-19 vaccine for which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a license or an Emergency Use Authorization prior to mutually-agreed upon start date at Aledade, unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. In certain limited circumstances, Aledade will accept documented proof of prior infection with COVID-19 in lieu of a booster shot.
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare system into one that best serves the needs of patients, doctors, and society, we’d love for you to join us!
Who We Are:
Aledade is a leader in population health that is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within the healthcare system.
We follow the simple but radical idea that Aledade only succeeds when our partner practices succeed. From our cutting-edge technology platform to practice transformation services, we provide physicians with everything they need to create and run an accountable care organization (ACO), revamping the way they practice and getting them back to where they should be: quarterbacking their patients’ health care!
Our customized solutions help clinicians in communities across America preserve their autonomy, deliver better care to their patients, reduce overall costs, and keep independent physician practices flourishing.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness, and a desire to learn. You will work with team members that bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs, and achievements to their work, united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
We’ve recently been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Best Workplace in HealthCare & Biopharma, Top 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Glassdoor Best Places to Work, a Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation, a Tech Tribune 10 Best Tech Startups in Maryland and Bethesda, Best Tech for Good, Best Workplaces for Millennials, Best Workplaces for Women, Best Workplaces for Parents, Top Workplaces USA, and a Healthcare Industry Top Workplace.
That’s because the things that matter to you also matter to us!
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the needs of our full-time team-members:
Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely available for many roles
Educational Assistant Program
Robust time off plan (21 days of PTO in your first year!)
Paid Volunteer Days
11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners
401(k) with up to 4% match
Monthly cell phone stipend
Jeans everyday workplace
Gender neutral bathrooms
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.