Teachable (201-500 Employees, 49% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Teachable is looking for a highly motivated and resourceful Engineer to join our Quality Engineering team! We’re a tight-knit team of smart people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, and architecture, and are driven by a mission to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income.
As a Quality Engineer at Teachable, you will enable and encourage quality by providing the development team with the right tools, frameworks, and infrastructure. This is a T-shaped role with the requirement that you’re able to apply your deep expertise and experience to deliver on your core remit and apply a broader contextual knowledge across architecture and development for all of Engineering.
As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you will:
- Improve the quality processes at Teachable by identifying gaps and inefficiencies in workflows and governing improvements to our existing test infrastructure
- Design, implement, maintain, and apply test infrastructure, test tools, and test automation frameworks to ensure product quality
- Own our CI/CD pipeline and implement high-quality release engineering practices to facilitate rapid development, safe changes, and engineer productivity
- Advocate for solid testing and quality practices throughout the product development lifecycle
- Lead and collaborate with other functional teams to create solutions for productivity and quality initiatives
- Collaborate with the infrastructure team to bring new testing tools into our team and surface pain points that our engineers are experiencing
- Mentor and grow engineers, review merge requests, and be a sounding board for technical ideas and design
- Act on own initiative and awareness of market conditions and technical innovations to provide solutions to problems before they occur
- Define standards around non-functional aspects of applications like scalability and performance and help development teams achieve it
What you’ll be working with:
- Testing stack information: Cucumber, Selenium, Rspec, Capybara
- More stack information: https://stackshare.io/teachable/teachable
- A team of passionate, curious, and innovative professionals
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of combined experience in Software Development and Quality Engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in object-oriented design and development with exposure to working with databases Experienced in writing code in an object-oriented programming language
- The ability to create/enhance testing frameworks (keyword-driven/data-driven/BDD/hybrid) and can articulate their pros and cons in a particular context
- The adeptness to navigate a distributed system (microservices) and applying testing at the appropriate levels associated with it
- Competence in leveraging OpenAPI tooling to navigate documentation, and building tests in Postman, or similar
- Experience analyzing test automation failures and applying smart failure analysis techniques for resolution
- Advocate for Continuous Testing, and leverage our CI/CD tooling to further a DevOps culture at Teachable
- Ability to work independently as well as function as an integral part of a team, take initiative, and contribute in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of agile processes and the impact of self-organizing teams
- Know the difference between SAST and DAST and when to apply the techniques
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a relevant technical field
- Experience with Github Actions
- Experience with Performance and Load testing tooling, such as Gatling, K6, etc.
- Exposure to security domains including OWASP
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we’ve raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
Teachable is continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won’t hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you’ll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning we give our employees the flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices at their leisure (unless otherwise mentioned in a job description).
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.