Square (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Afterpay is looking for an engineer to build, enhance and scale our platform systems that underpin our cloud products. Our mission in Afterpay Platform Engineering is to empower product teams to deliver value to the end customer in a faster and safer manner by focusing on availability, reliability and scalability.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join the Afterpay Platform Engineering group that powers one of the world’s largest payment networks which makes a direct, tangible impact on Afterpay’s growth and success.
The team you’ll be working with: Platform SRE
The Site Reliability Team is responsible for overseeing the operation of critical customer facing services and other production systems to ensure Service Level Objectives are met. The SRE team is made up of software engineers that leverage software engineering principles to continuously improve the reliability of systems.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
The Site Reliability Engineer will work within the Platform SRE team to:
- Design and develop Platform Engineering building blocks that allow Afterpay to reliably process billions of dollars in monthly transactions and support millions of global customers.
- Identify gaps in software and platform, and propose sustainable software solutions to those
- Ensure shortened software delivery times through delivery performance measurement and uplift.
- Develop automated platform workflows and processes
- Drive performance and scalability engineering to improve application and system bottlenecks.
- Define and improve performance and failure testing capabilities through simulated load or production canarying while observing system behavior.
- Develop software solutions to improve availability, scalability and performance of the Afterpay Platform
- Build proactive monitoring and alerting to notify on symptoms before outages occur
- Debug production issues across services and where possible partner with product engineers.
- Participate in incident response, root cause analysis and remediation of incidents.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to respond to afterpay availability incidents and assist with customer specific incidents.
- Participate in team meeting and activities to increase collaboration
Additionally the Senior Site Reliability Engineer will work within the SRE team to:
- Partner with Platform Engineering management to identify and prioritize platform capabilities
- Lead architectural changes that impact the entire company to solve scalability, performance and reliability issues.
- Lead and participate in disaster recovery design, implementation and execution exercises.
- Manage and Automate database lifecycle management related activities
- Mentor junior engineers in the team for engineering best practices and excellence
- Help conduct daily stand ups and other team meetings
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Strives to improve developer productivity through automation
- Evangelize platform and SRE best practices across engineering
- Think about systems – edge cases, failure modes and lifecycles.
- Care about team and collaboration and enjoy working in a team setting
- Comfortable working in the Unix shell and can debug complex problems across the entire stack.
- Can create Infrastructure as code using Terraform or equivalent tooling.
- Experience maintaining CI/CD pipelines, especially Dockerized ones
- Experience with version control, preferably Git.
- Experience with public cloud platforms (AWS strongly preferred)
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools (Datadog, NewRelic, PagerDuty and Cloudwatch).
- Can enable team communication asynchronously and with empathy
- Can enable teams to write high quality documentation to share knowledge across the engineering organization
- Have working knowledge of performance and chaos testing
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.