This is a remote position.
Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Ad Hoc is looking for a Mobile QA Engineer to work within a cross-functional delivery team alongside other engineers, product managers, and designers to make sure our mobile apps work on every imaginable device. Your responsibilities will include daily estimating, planning, breaking, investigating, coordinating, automating and executing tests. You will also make sure that issues are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our issue tracking system. Accessibility is really important for our user base and will be a particular focus of your efforts.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As government contractor, all hires may be required to meet additional pre-employment contingencies to the extent required by applicable law, at the time of hire or any time thereafter
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively – we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process. You can read more about our homework here.
- The Engineer has considerable experience in providing highly specialized applications and operational analysis.
- Experience in planning and supporting network and computing infrastructure.
- Has knowledge in networking technologies. Is cognizant, knowledgeable and contributes to all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, modeling, simulation, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases.
- Bachelor’s Degree computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
What You’ll Do
- Lead execution of a testing plan and accessibility testing plan for a mobile application
- Collaborate closely with Developers, Designers, and Product Managers in an agile environment to contribute to build a quality product
- Write and execute test cases for features, verifying that the features delivered meet the requirements and function as intended
- Manually test the product functionality and various user flows through the application on a variety of physical devices
- Triage defects, prioritize accordingly, and write detailed notes and reproduction steps
- Communicate testing status and results with stakeholders and teammates
- Contribute to test case prioritization for manual and automated testing
- Automate as much testing as possible to prevent regressions
- Develop QA strategies that increase QA testing capacity and coverage
What You’ll Bring
- Experience testing mobile applications, with automation and with your hands
- Experience working with testing documentation and familiarity with Quality Assurance methods, using a test case management tool like TestRail
- Experience working on different applications and operating systems: iOS and various flavors of Android
- Awareness of the idiosyncrasies of mobile devices in the wild and that apps can fail differently on every one of them.
- Experience testing the accessibility of mobile apps on devices
- Curiosity about all things mobile – especially applications on phones and tablets
- Self-driven to improve the app experience above and beyond what’s outlined in the spec
- Good understanding of REST APIs and how mobile devices communicate data to/from server
- Experience with online mobile device testing, with tools such as Sauce Labs and AWS Device Farm
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.