BenchSci’s vision is to bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We’re achieving it by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence. Backed by F-Prime, Gradient Ventures (Google’s AI fund), and Inovia Capital, our platform accelerates science at 15 top-20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading research centers worldwide. We’re a remote-first company recognized for our impact and culture as a Deloitte Tech Fast 50TM, CIX Top 10 Growth, Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked organization on Glassdoor. Learn more at www.benchsci.com.
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Search team! Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you’ll apply your technical and domain expertise to solve complex product challenges; participate in design discussions, code reviews, and project-related team meetings; and work with other engineers to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs concerning functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Help develop and design a new version of our back-end systems and APIs that expose bioinformatics data that will power all applications on our future roadmap.
- Contribute to software design and architecture by leveraging cloud design patterns and injecting your cloud expertise into the entire development lifecycle
- Partner closely with engineering stakeholders and other cross-functional teams to devise and refine the new system’s requirements
- Work closely with your team, Staff Engineers, and Engineering Managers to help break down complex deliverables into small, iterative components that can be delivered incrementally in production.
- Help improve our deployment and data release processes and increase the quality standard of documentation on the new system.
- Work on client-facing projects involving some of the largest Pharmaceutical companies in the world
- Employ best practices in utilizing a broad platform of technologies within a cloud-based environment
- Collaborate closely with other engineers to solve exciting data problems
- Effectively communicate cross-cutting decisions to all potentially impacted teams.
- Build trust with your colleagues through open and transparent communication
- Focus on what truly makes an impact
- Be provided with an opportunity to grow and learn constantly.
- 5+ years of experience working as a professional developer
- Expert knowledge of Python and Django, and expertise developing API solutions with this stack
- Strong experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with cloud reference architectures and developing specialized stacks on cloud services
- Strong cross-team collaboration and communication skills
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
Nice to haves, but not required qualifications:
- Familiarity with GCP or other cloud infrastructure providers
- Experience with BigQuery
- Experience using Apache Beam
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture that hires the best talent from around the world
A competitive compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
Comprehensive health and dental benefits with an emphasis on mental health
Three weeks of vacation plus an additional day for every completed year
A $2000 Annual Learning & Development budget
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
Additional time-off: 2 weeks for Winter Holiday, every other Friday in July and August, your birthday, and more!
A $1000 work from home allowance to make your home setup perfect for you
An executive coach for managers to assist in leading high-performing teams
A lifestyle spending account for employees to receive reimbursement for eligible expenses related to wellness, lifestyle and productivity.
We believe culture is critical to success and invest accordingly. We live and promote our FASTT values of focus, advancement with speed, tenacity, and transparency. We work hard to maintain an engaging, supportive environment where everyone can do their best work. To learn more, read our culture deck.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. To learn more, read about our DEI initiatives.
BenchSci provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.