Cash App (501+ Employees, 258% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Verse is a financial brand within the ecosystem of Block (formerly Square) and Cash App, located in Spain. Our goal is to make it easy and fun to spend and share money with friends. We’re building a product that redefines the world’s relationship with money, and growing throughout the European Union.
We would love to have you join us!
This role is for a position on our backend team, where we create reliable and scalable software for our millions of users. You will collaborate with the other members of our stellar engineering team working on hard design and product problems. Since we’re a small and fast team, you will have an opportunity to demonstrate leadership within the team and make impactful technical contributions.
Our team works with the product team in an agile manner, using sprints, daily meetings, and methodology you’ve probably seen at other companies. 🙂
- Write clean code to develop functional web APIs
- Review code written by your peers
- Write technical specifications, evaluating the trade-offs
- Help maintain infrastructure and deployment pipelines
- Have ownership of your work, from design to deployment and operation
- Collaborate with our app developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Collaborate with non-technical stakeholders
Please apply even if you don’t meet all of the following qualifications! Every candidate is different and we would like to build a strong and diverse engineering team.
- Relevant experience programming backend systems in Go, Python or similar
- BS/BA in Computer Science or similar experience in a technical field
- Experience writing clean and maintainable code
- Persistence when faced with tough technical challenges
- Strong collaboration skills
- Working proficiency in English
And if you had these, that would be the cherry on top!
- Experience working with a relational database
- Experience operating a Kubernetes cluster and monitoring an application
- Experience writing distributed systems using queues
- Experience with cloud computing
- Background in the FinTech industry
Now, let’s talk about what we can do for you!
- Flexible working schedule
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to Spain provided
- 23 days of holidays
- Block Equity
- Private healthcare coverage
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness Perks: we pay for you to go to the gym!
- Paid parental leave
- Budget for personal learning and development
- Unlimited Office Food & Beverages
NOTE: Block is an International company with English as the primary language. Please submit your full application and CV in English
Verse treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, political ideas, ethnicity, origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, social status, union states, kinship status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines and applicable regulations.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to [email protected] We will treat your request and information as confidentially as possible in accordance with our privacy policies and applicable requirements. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.