Wurl (51-200 Employees, 227% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Wurl Network connects the world's largest digital brands with the world's largest streaming services.
About Wurl, Inc.
Since 2017, Wurl has been on a mission to make TV better for everyone. Today, Wurl is the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our video distribution and advertising services reach over 250 million connected TVs, delivering hundreds of millions of hours of TV viewing and millions of individually targeted ads. Wurl’s innovative, market-leading technologies enable content companies, streamers, and advertising to continually reach new viewers and grow revenue.
Senior Staff Engineer (Remote):
This is a wonderful opportunity to define the technical vision and solutions from the ground up. The role is highly cross functional in nature and requires working with Product, Solution Architects and various other functions across the organization.
- Drive highly impactful initiatives around media processing, media streaming, encryption, content delivery, ad insertion and digital rights management (DRM)
- Design, implement and deliver innovative features that scale with Wurl’s media network.
- Evaluate and integrate 3rd party software to enhance Wurl’s product portfolio
- Build highly secured and reliable software that runs 24×7 that is cloud native
- Collaborate with project managers, product managers, solutions architects, other engineering teams and support for productization of new software services and features
- Champion innovation, take ownership and lead cross functional collaboration as projects demand.
- Lead, mentor and coach junior engineers
- 12+ years of complete software lifecycle experience.
- Demonstrable fluency with modern programming languages like Golang, NodeJS, Java/C++ and not being afraid to learn a new one on the job.
- Experience designing and securing micro services and REST API
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS/Google cloud services is preferred
- Comfortable working in agile environments
- Evangelize good software development practices and lead from the front
- Prior experience delivering pipelines involving any of the following is a huge plus.
- Media processing/preparation/delivery
- Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- CDN, Large scale ad-servers
- HLS, DASH Streaming services
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Our promise to you
Few companies will allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, and you will understand what we mean by “human connection.” You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.