GoPro (501+ Employees, 7% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Location: Remote USA – This role can be performed anywhere from the United States.
GoPro is looking for an experienced, talented, and passionate candidate for the hands-on role of Senior Technical Program Manager to join the GoPro software team. This position is responsible for working directly with a combination of local and remote software engineering teams driving definition, execution, and delivery of multiple desktop and mobile software initiatives that extend the value of GoPro beyond cameras. This role works closely with other Program Managers across international locations in Firmware and Software Engineering, Product, UX, Development, QA, Analytics, Marketing, Legal and Finance, to refine, define, and employ best-of-class software development processes, while guiding the teams to achieve their highest potential.
What You Will Do
- Planning, driving, and delivering multiple concurrent product development efforts of the local Desktop and Mobile Software teams, developing project plans and schedules
- Function as the Scrum Master for client software development teams on multiple projects
- Manage risk by proactively driving Core Teams, managers, tech and other cross-functional leads to identify and unblock issues, track, and resolve cross-team dependencies
- Partner with team leads to ensure that handoffs between teams are never dropped, and are transferred with clear responsibilities, ownership, and delivery expectations
- Maintain knowledge of all team member’s work responsibilities, ensure the team is on track and support and escalate as needed to mitigate issues
- Act as the development safety-net for cross-functional teams: identifying and owning all new problems, issues, and roadblocks across teams as they arise, and working each issue appropriately until the proper owner is identified
- Drive effective and efficient communication between teams both internally and with company stakeholders using a variety of tools and channels
- Deliver continuous, informed, and transparent status updates organization-wide to ensure all stakeholders, including leadership teams, are aware of ongoing projects and their status
- Coordinate component and feature release planning across the Product Management, UX, Development, QA, Analytics, Marketing, and Customer Support teams to create schedules and project plans that will deliver high-quality products with high confidence in delivery dates
- Collaborate with other Program Managers to research, advise, define, create, and successfully roll out new and updated processes to best fit our teams and business needs
Skills We’re Excited About
- BS/BA degree with 8+ years working in program/project management and/or software development with a successful track record directing the planning, execution and delivery of new, consumer-facing software products/features to market
- Track record for being hands-on and detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to bootstrap new initiatives with minimal guidance, self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Strong experience in all aspects of software product development lifecycles and processes, spanning traditional waterfall methods and modern agile practices, with a specific focus on managing Scrum Teams
- Track record in building relationships, communicating business strategy, and operating in the context of the big picture
- Expertise in partnering with users, first and second-party technical teams, and senior/executive stakeholders to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives, and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization
- Excellent English written, verbal and presentation skills, with ability to communicate complex ideas in easy-to-digest ways, bridge gaps and build understanding with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience using resource/project management tools in a work environment, such as Jira, Confluence (wiki), Google Sheets/Excel, Smartsheet, etc.
Bonus Points For
- Leadership experience in coordinating efforts across multiple locations and time zones
- Experience with desktop and/or mobile app store release processes
- Experience with web service APIs
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GoPro requires that all onsite visitors and workers be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Roles that are designated as remote do not require vaccination to perform the role but will not be permitted to visit GoPro’s office locations if unvaccinated. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.
The ranges added below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be dependent on candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ. Pay range: $119,850-$141,000.