MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 500 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
As Senior Technical Writer, you will consult with product and engineering to author, edit, and review product documentation. You will work with internal resources, interview engineers, and attend engineering meetings to gather, write, and publish technical documentation for a varied audience. Additionally, you will develop and promote the adoption of documentation templates for learning material and technical documentation, both internal and external.
In this role, you will:
- Produce high-quality documentation for software applications
- Understand the development process and coordinate work with your team accordingly
- Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality
- Write, format, edit, review, and proof procedural and technical information for technical and non-technical users
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and client deliverables
- Maintain a library of application documentation, cataloging it for internal and/or external use
- Update existing docs to reflect changes to functionality
- Edit existing developer-written content in preparation for publication
- Be part of a team accountable for the delivery of our product
- You have excellent, clear, clean, accessible writing; an eye for consistency and technical accuracy
- You have relevant professional experience as a technical writer, specifically with API documentation
- You pay close attention to detail
- You have excellent writing and proofreading skills
- You have the ability to work independently from a remote location
- You have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- You have a track record of effective collaboration
- You have experience with Markdown and documentation workflows
- You have experience working in a SaaS company
- You have experience working with Agile/Scrum software development teams
• You have experience writing for a software developer audience
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.