Google (501+ Employees, 33% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Senior Test Engineer, Commerce
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in coding, developing test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization.
- 2 years of experience providing technical leadership and leading projects (e.g., test, release, etc.).
- 1 year of experience working with executive leaders.
About the job
At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren’t manual testers — you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google’s massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You’ll have a huge impact on the quality of Google’s growing suite of products and services.
Google has always been about the democratization of information. We’re extending that ethos to the world of E-Commerce, supporting an open ecosystem of buyers and sellers across online and offline businesses. With over one billion shopping sessions happening per day on Google, we’re creating new innovative shopping and selling experiences that leverage Google’s Shopping Graph: a comprehensive, AI-enhanced model that understands products, sellers, brands, and reviews and how those attributes relate to one another and the product information and inventory data we receive from brands and retailers directly.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary range between $147,000 – $158,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Lead the utilization and/or development of automation tools or scripts to improve product and engineering health.
- Develop test plans based on Product Excellence/test strategies. Lead test plan reviews with engineers and other stakeholders across teams.
- Define the test framework, test preconditions, and other test control and reporting functions to enable others to test functionality.
- Drive opportunities and lead efforts to improve existing test infrastructure or create new test infrastructure to increase efficiency and productivity in test case development, scheduling, or deployment.
- Participate in product design review with product managers, software/hardware engineers, and other stakeholders to contribute to product design, testability, and implementation.