Square (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
User Research advocates for the human-centered exploration of complex problems using evidence, data and insight to help us make better decisions.
In your role as Senior UX Researcher you will work with our teams building the platform that powers all of Squares experiences. As a part of the User Research team within Commerce platform, you’ll partner with product managers, designers, and other partners to provide insights that guide remarkable omnichannel solutions to support our sellers. You will be a compass, pointing our teams toward the most impactful solutions. You’ll spend your time listening to and understanding the needs and goals of both our customers and company. Report, personas, workflow diagrams, and user stories are just a few of your outputs to fully arm our product teams.
- Determine project scope and apply appropriate methodologies to manage a research “portfolio” of foundational and evaluative insights, with guidance from senior researchers.
- Work as part of an existing research team both on Commerce Platform and within the Square ecosystem.
- Be the dedicated researcher for multiple squads and build relationships with partners, such as product managers, designers, marketers, analysts and engineers.
- Oversee the entire research process from brainstorming to insights.
- Provide high-quality research outcomes.
- Connect insights and approaches across multiple squads and data sources to encourage a holistic view that is biased towards action.
- Shape User Research capabilities and processes, playing an important role in scaling methods, tools and activities that provide value.
- 7+ years’ experience conducting UX research.
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods such as interviews, moderated and unmoderated tests, heuristic evaluations, benchmark studies, contextual inquiries and surveys.
- Your day-today consists of leading multiple mixed-methods research projects simultaneously end to end: gather requirements, develop guides/screeners/surveys, recruit, moderate, analyze and communicate insights.
- Excellent project management skills
- A passion to build user-focused products that solve essential problems.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.