Dandy (201-500 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Dandy is a business-in-a-box for dentists. Our vision is to become the operating system for every dental office in America by leading the transition to digital dentistry for the $200 billion industry. Headquartered in New York City, Dandy is backed by the world’s leading venture capital investors.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll work with our Creative Director to establish the future of our brand’s visual experience. You will activate that vision by producing visual assets that instill brand affinity through engaging, emotive, and entertaining design. We’re looking for a creative visual designer who is driven to construct engaging, fresh, and impactful visual experiences that clearly communicate our brand identity and key messages. The right candidate will be able to quickly understand asset objectives, translate key brand messages into design, and deliver consistently with little oversight.
What You’ll Do
- Elevate the brand’s identity across all visual experiences, digital and physical, to increase brand recognition and affinity.
- Work with our Creative Director to ensure Dandy’s visual identity consistently and succinctly communicates our mission, values, personality and desired emotive responses.
- Create visual governance systems through template creation, internal education, and brand-enablement software (Frontify, Brandfolder, etc.) to accelerate asset creation.
- Work intentionally and constructively with the team to provide creative feedback, project formation guidelines, and recommendations on how to further Dandy’s visual impact.
- Analyze and report visual asset performance and recommend actions to optimize asset design.
- Manage third-party collaborators (contractors, agencies, freelancers) to aid program success and production acceleration.
- Deliver memorable, innovative, and exceptional designs that are unique and brand-appropriate.
- Work on impactful projects daily, such as creative direct mail kits, white papers, ebooks, social campaigns, ad campaigns, landing page design, email marketing, event innovation, website improvements, illustrations, iconography, blog creative, podcast creation, and more!
- Most importantly, you will act as a steward of Dandy’s brand and a trusted partner, ensuring its visual identity is customer-centric and best-in-class.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of work experience and an understanding of brand identity systems and their application.
- A thorough design portfolio demonstrating your design skills, your ability to communicate key messages through engaging visual experiences, and your impact on a brand’s narrative.
- High accountability, ownership, and initiative in working on multiple projects with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Skill in managing external visual collaborators (contractors, freelance, agencies).
- Deep understanding of design principles and their application, including typography, composition, color schemes, imagery, illustrations, etc.
- A “first principles” thinker who can connect a brand’s strategy with every visual decision and asset.
- A human-first collaborator who assumes the best intentions from their teammates, safeguards them against toxic behaviors and is dedicated to making Dandy an exceptional work experience for everyone involved.
- An expert using Adobe’s Creative Cloud applications, including; Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
Bonus Points For
- Experience using a user experience or user interface tool such as Figma.
- Experience working in a creative agency (internal or external) serving B2B or B2C audiences at scale.
- Outstanding professional references to share.
- Experience with marketplace models.
- Relentlessly positive attitude, strong sense of humor, and the ability to have fun at work!
- Best in class healthcare including medical, dental, and vision
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- 401k program
Dandy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.