For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world’s best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of the Product Team. The SEO Manager is a remote work-from-home opportunity based anywhere in the United States. Preferably (New York, New Jersey Tri-state area, Boston, Seattle or Calgary, Alberta)
Who You Are:
You love the challenges of optimizing vast enterprise websites for search engine visibility and valuable traffic generation. You are extraordinary at developing and coordinating the execution of online customer acquisition projects, understanding customer journeys, and using Search Engine Optimization in partnership with Digital Marketing strategies to grow valuable traffic, orders, and revenue. You work well partnering with cross-functional teams to develop and implement SEO initiatives. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your passion for creative problem-solving shines. You are curious, analytical, and highly motivated to take your career to the next level.
What We’re Looking For:
The SEO Manager at Getty Images iStock will drive our organic search strategy and execution across multiple sites to bring millions of visitors to the compelling creative and editorial imagery offered by our sites. They will collaborate with Marketing, Content Writing, Product, and Technology teams to clarify, interpret, and implement strategic organic search concepts, addressing business objectives including traffic and order goals. Utilizing a data-driven prioritization framework, they are skilled at analyzing user engagement metrics to understand and communicate our performance to senior leadership.
The SEO Manager reports to the VP of SEO, partnering with other SEO strategists, our dedicated SEO data-scientist, and developers dedicated to your SEO track projects.
If you are looking to make things happen in SEO, Getty Images is the place to be! We use the best, cutting-edge SEO tooling, have C-Suite buy-in supporting our work, and a dedicated team of developers and designers to ensure we can make an impact! If you cannot stand fighting for resources to get your SEO recommendations put in place, Getty Images is the right place for your next career empowering move.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead SEO projects from business case creation, writing requirements, kickoff, development, testing, launch, and post-launch results analysis
- Research and analyze industry trends and best practices in search engine optimization, including content and social.
- Build and present written recommendations and projections to peers and product owners.
- Partner with PR and social media teams to develop programs to grow our authority in the industry.
- Cross-train internal teams to embed SEO into the fabric of the entire organization.
- Be mindful of the impact SEO tactics may have on website conversion and customer engagement.
Technical SEO Knowledge:
- Communicate technical requirements to both developer and non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ranking factors, especially the impacts of client and server-side rendering, mobile-friendliness, Core Web Vitals, and page speed factors.
- Ability to perform advanced keyword research using large, diverse data sets.
What You’ll Need:
- 4-6+ years direct experience in enterprise-level search engine optimization, either in-house or agency
- Specialist in Technical SEO track work, with skilled experience in content strategies a plus
- Ability to create a full site SEO audit independent of the help of other teams and present strong business cases using data and competitive analysis.
- International SEO best practice experience a plus
- Worked with Ecommerce, B2Bor B2C websites
- Proven track record of successful SEO strategies and ability to communicate experiences with others.
- Experience using enterprise SEO monitoring and health-check services.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- College degree required, advanced degree a plus.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- A quiet location with reliable high-speed internet connectivity, an environment suitable for professional work (desk, chair, external monitor, etc.)
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment
- Trustworthiness, Transparency, and Openness
- Raise the Bar
- Lead by Example
- One Voice
- Bring Me Solutions
- No Silos
- The Obligation to Care
Benefits at Getty Images
We provide Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance for you and your family. We partner with Quantum Health, Meritain (An Aetna Company), and CVS Caremark to provide you with two options for medical coverage – a POS plan and an HSA-qualified (Health Savings Account) Plan. The POS plan comes with a $200 per year Getty Images contribution to an FSA account. If you enroll in the HSA plan, Getty Images will give you $1400-$2400 per year to spend on any qualified health expenses as you please! This money is yours, rolls over each year, and you can take it with you if you leave Getty Images. Dental insurance is available through Delta Dental. Vision Insurance is available through VSP. All full-time employees working at least 25 hours per week will become eligible for health benefits the 1st of the month following their date of hire. Contributions to health care accounts are prorated based on the date of hire.
Time off Work/life balance is important to us
We provide flexible time off and 10 sick days each calendar year. Additionally, we pay 4 weeks fully-paid Parental Leave for new parents, with primary caregivers eligible for an additional 8 weeks of fully-paid leave.
Company Paid Holidays
Employees enjoy company-paid holidays for each of our global locations.
Disability and Life Insurance
We automatically enroll and pay for Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D) up to 2 times your annual salary. We also provide you with fully paid Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Employee Assistance Program
Employees have access to free, confidential assistance for everyday problems such as stress management, financial coaching, marital or family issues, substance abuse, occupational problems, and referrals for legal, childcare, and eldercare services. Employees can seek additional discounts on other wellness activities such as travel, gym memberships, and sports! Through our EAP services, employees are also eligible for 3 free counseling visits and life coaching sessions.
Start saving for retirement! Getty Images matches up to 4% of your deferred compensation, with immediate vesting – that means all of Getty Images employer match money is automatically yours – with no waiting period!
Learning & growth
We value continuous learning and development to help everyone develop their skills. Enjoy mentorship, curated training & more.