Ellipsis Marketing (, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Ellipsis Marketing is a young, forward-thinking agency for WordPress businesses. WordPress powers 43% of the internet and we support its product and service economy with digital marketing.
We sit at the intersection of digital marketing and the WordPress ecosystem, serving agencies that sell websites to the biggest companies in the world, as well as product businesses that sell functionality to WordPress users. We help our clients reach millions of users and are helping make the web more powerful and easier to use.
As a 100% remote team, we carefully balance collaboration with an environment that enables everyone to do their best work. We’re based across Europe (currently in the UK, Spain, France/Italy and Malta) and often travel for work, WordCamps, and pleasure!
As Ellipsis’ new SEO & Outreach Specialist, you’ll work closely with the Head of Strategy, Operations Director, SEO Specialist, and Content Managers to help produce SEO-driven content marketing which ranks well and gets results.
You’ll bring your own strengths and independence to shape the agency as it grows quickly. It’s an exciting time to join us 🙂
This position can be broken down as follows:
- 50% “start of content process” SEO analysis & client reporting
- 40% “end of content process” content promotion and outreach
- 10% strategy and research
For this role, you’ll need the following skills:
- Advanced SEO content knowledge and experience: You’ll feel comfortable using client objectives as a starting point to build in-depth SEO strategies. You understand what effective content needs in order to deliver traffic and conversions, as well as how to monitor content and report on ranking results.
- Excellent keyword research skills: You’ll have experience undertaking keyword research at scale and across different projects and products, selecting winning keywords for SEO content work, and presenting this all to clients in a way that connects to their overall strategy.
- Experience in, or a willingness to train in content promotion, outreach and tracking: Though you may not have direct experience dealing with content outreach, tracking and other types of promotion, you’re willing to undertake training in this area. Bonus points if you do have these skills; make them stand out to us in your cover letter!
- Solid project management: You already have outstanding project management skills, and are adept at updating and managing tasks from start to finish. You’ll proactively improve our existing processes wherever possible, and have the experience to know that smooth internal processes lie at the heart of every successful business.
- Adaptable to (and excited about using) new technologies: We use AI (our FALCON AI ® that gets excellent results) in our SEO process and this is rapidly evolving. You don’t need experience using AI in SEO content, but you will need to adopt FALCON and adapt quickly.
- Teamwork: You’re comfortable working within a team and well-established workflow processes, understand how to get the best out of team members and can quickly find solutions to problems when they arise.
- Background in Marketing (agency a bonus) helps you to intuit what clients need.
Requirements: hard skills
- 3+ years experience in SEO marketing
- Expert-level content marketing knowledge
- Comfortable using spreadsheets to analyse data
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent project management
- Availability to work on European time (BST/CEST)
Requirements: soft skills
- Fantastic communication skills: Remote work relies on mutual trust, so frequent and clear written communication is essential
- Receptive to feedback and solutions-oriented: We share and learn from each other honestly, openly and easily
- High level of self-awareness, a “people person”: You’ll be dealing with writers and clients on a daily basis, so this is an integral part of the role
- Proven organisational skills: You must be obsessive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks, and totally reliable
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative and see projects through to completion
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in a remote-work environment, and/or with remote project management tools, e.g. Basecamp
- Digital marketing agency experience
- PR/social media and community outreach experience
- Experience working remotely full time
- Knowledge of the WordPress product industry
- Experience working with automated processes and AI
- Knowledge of B Corp ethical business principles
Compensation and benefits:
- This is a full-time, 100% remote role. You’ll be a full team member, and involved in our team projects, work, and meetups
- Competitive salary with pension benchmarked to UK rates and based on experience. We expect this to be between £28-32k/year
- 28 days of paid holiday
- Regular team retreats (to fun places! ~2 per year)
- Attend conferences in Europe (1-2 per year)
- Plenty of scope for personal development, and to grow and add more responsibilities as the business grows
- Maternity/paternity leave, and sick pay
- Sustainable business: we are aiming to become a B Corp by the start of 2023.
The application process:
It’s important to find the best candidate for this position, and our selection process will reflect this. You’ll be required to attend at least two interviews (by video call) and carry out a paid freelance project with us before we make an employment offer.
We’re fortunate to receive a large volume of applications, so make your application stand out. Please pay special attention to the main responsibilities of this role, and “how to apply”.
We do great work for clients and are building an ethical business that lets everyone do their best work. If you think you could be the next person to join our team, please apply 🙂
How to apply:
Please apply by sending a cover letter and CV/resumé to [email protected] We will decide who progresses to the next stage based on your email and experience, so please give us a good reason to select you! Taking the time to research the role, what we do, and what you can do for us will increase your chance of success. Your cover letter is where you have the space to showcase this.
Ellipsis is an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Applications are open until 30 June 2022. We will then interview some candidates and notify everyone, whether we’re proceeding or not. Expect to hear from us after applications have closed!