Syllable (51-200 Employees, 68% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Syllable is a technology company based in Sunnyvale, California, leveraging AI and ML to create natural, multimodality support for patients to get things done efficiently across medical practices and hospitals. Our solutions meaningfully improve patients’ pre- and post-clinic visit experiences by harnessing technology that can connect them to what they need the most with less wasted time and energy.
In 2021, Syllable interacted with 39.7M Americans in text and voice, improving their access to primary care, specialty referrals, vaccinations, and general practice information. Syllable’s customers include Parkview Healthcare, Shannon Healthcare, NewYork-Presbyterian, Weill Cornell Ambulatory Care Network, Houston Methodist, and Mass General-Brigham. Syllable was also recognized as a most promising startup in healthcare for 2022 by CB Insights, picked as a leader in the private market from a pool of 7,000 companies.
Simplify and enhance everyday interactions between patients and care providers.
Care should begin from the moment an individual reaches out for information, or to schedule an appointment, long before they arrive at the clinic. Great service can turn one patient from feeling like a number to feeling truly cared for. We exist to help health systems improve the patient experience.
Syllable is a product-focused company delivering healthcare solutions that meaningfully improve patient journeys. As a Service & Interaction Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft extraordinary end-to-end service experiences enabled by our AI-powered Patient Assistant—from concept to execution. To achieve this, you’ll collaborate with a cross-functional team to translate research into insights and orchestrate processes, technologies, and interactions to imagine innovative assistive services. Through rapid prototyping and experimentation, you’ll guide key product development decisions and drive alignment at every step.
- Craft compelling user experiences, and visualize them through user journeys, storyboards, service blueprints, ecosystem maps, user flows, wireframes and prototypes that communicate design details and rationale
- Collaborate with UX Researchers to plan, conduct, and synthesize research with existing/potential service users and existing/potential service providers (front and back-end)
- Identify frameworks best suited to project needs as well as metrics to help measure service performance through time
- Frame and consolidate service value propositions for service users and service providers
- Orchestrate service test sessions using prototyping tools and techniques (digital/physical mock-ups of touch points, service scripts, pilot protocols etc.) with users and providers to validate service components and define detailed service requirements
You must meet these minimum qualifications to be considered:
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years relevant experience – consulting, agency, or startup experience, in product design or UX
- Self-motivated with an ability to lead and ideate products from scratch and improve features within a user-centered design process
- Experience creating experience maps, user flow diagrams, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, wireframes, and rapid prototypes
- Demonstrate superb problem-solving skills through reasoning from first principles
- Excellent skills in communicating and influencing product design strategy
- Track record on defining end-to-end service experience for new products, services, new ventures, and business processes
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions
The Syllable team comprises healthcare and technology experts that are passionate about product design, engineering, and operational excellence. Our investors include OakHC/FT, Section 32 and Verily/Alphabet. We are lifelong learners, ending each day together with the question: “What did we learn today and what can we do better?” We show up with humility and a collaborative spirit every day, because we are tackling an important yet challenging problem in healthcare that requires talent and grit.
We offer our employees competitive salary and equity and the following benefits:
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance comparable to major technology companies
- 100% reimbursed mental health benefit
- 15 vacation days plus 10 company holidays
- Career coaching for every employee