Atlassian (501+ Employees, 122% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world. Our products are revolutionizing the software industry and helping teams collaborate and craft the magic that delivers their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting those born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity.
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer who is passionate about building scalable cloud services to join our Customer Support Technology team. You will be joining a high-impact team tasked with building services that manage and scale our support platform infrastructure.
An ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about building reliable services, enjoys systems engineering, keeps on top of industry trends (particularly those related to reliability & scale) and loves bringing their knowledge into the team. We’d love it if you brought a deep understanding of modern cloud infrastructure, programming expertise, operational experience and a desire to change the status quo. We’ll support you with robust backend systems, mature processes, and a motivated team with a strong desire to not f*** the customer. We’re looking for an engineer who can analyse and help improve our services and processes to get us to an even higher level of availability, scalability, and reliability.
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- Hands on experience with public cloud offerings (AWS components like EC2, CloudFormation, RDS, S3, DynamoDB, SQS, Kinesis – or equivalents, e.g. in GCP / Azure)
- Strong backend engineering experience in any language.
- Experience building web-services and clients using REST/GraphQL
- Experience using container systems like Docker and/or Platform as a Service.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills, with experience developing and instilling a culture of operational maturity.
It’s great but not required if you know:
- Experience with multiple Languages: Java, Kotlin, Python and JS.
- Experience with Database administration, managing RDS/Postgres infrastructure will be highly valued
- Experience in microservice architecture.
- Experience in Site Reliability Engineering and/or operating large scale systems.
- Experience building monitoring into your code, tweaking dashboards, defining alerts, writing runbooks
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .